Breast-feeding must have?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 03:32 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you think that I need a boppy pillow? Do you think it is a must have?
April 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I never used one. I think its a useful thing to have around. That is what the occupational therapist used with Brandon to work on getting him to sit up. So its not a bad investment. I never used it for bfing though.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 20th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I didn't use one when I was breastfeeding.... I did use it to prop Lily up in when she wanted to sit up. I'm glad we got one for that, but I didn't find it useful for breastfeeding. However I have one friend who swears by it and loves it! I guess its something you would have to try and see.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 20th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Regular
I too have one, but it was used for physical therapy for my daughter. I have never tried it for breastfeeding, but will with this one. I will second that it is useful for sitting them in and helping to prop their chests during tummy time. They seem to enjoy the tummy time more because it doesn't require as much energy from them.
April 20th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's worthwhile. I didn't use it for every bfing, but I did use it when I needed to do a football hold because of sore nipples or clogged duct or something and then I was very glad I had one.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
April 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Veteran
I wouldn't say that it's a must have. I did use one for nursing in the first two months (had a c-section) and found it useful. Like other posters said, it helps the baby to sit up.
Expecting #2 in October
April 20th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Super Mommy
It's useful to have a nursing pillow...yes, but specifically a Boppy brand one...no
April 21st, 2005, 06:51 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I LOVE MY BOPPY! I find it so much easier to nurse with it but that is just me. I had one with Sadie almost six years ago and than I also used it with Lilly. When I was about 4 months pregnant with Gabriel the girls were fighting over who got to use it that night and they tore it in half. So my mom bought me a new one. We used it when we slept or watched TV or whatever I LOVE IT.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
April 21st, 2005, 09:13 AM
Iris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use mine all the time.

April 21st, 2005, 09:57 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Corbin is the first baby I used one with, I had a home made one iwth Anika and it went flat very quickly. I wouldn't say it's a must have, but I've found it to be quite useful for way more than just breastfeeding. Helps with tummy time and sitting up, etc.

</div>
April 21st, 2005, 10:56 AM
abbezma's Avatar Regular
I certainly found it handy and it really saves your back at least for the first few months when they are so tiny!!

I Love My Baby!!
April 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Mama2twins
I have one though I have never used it.
April 21st, 2005, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
For breastfeeding I found it absolutely useless. It is not adjustable to different size mothers, so unless you are a standard size (and that includes breast size) you might be dissapointed. I am very well endowed, and it was too narrow, did not work for us. I did use it though to prop the boys up in and for tummy time. I gave it away though and plan to get a different brand that is adjustable to different size moms and give that one a try.
April 22nd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FriendAim Send a message via Yahoo to FriendAim
I didn't like mine at first. I thought that since I am plus-size that it wouldn't fit around me. However, I started using it one day because it was a gift and I finally got it situated so that it really helped a lot. It's nice and firm, unlike my regular pillows, so she stays put when I feed her. I really like it now and am thinking about getting another one to take to my grandparents house because that is where I work.
Joseph David arrived 2/4/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search