What are your thoughts

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I was curious today to see how much Weston weighed, since it has been 2 months since his 6 month check (it was closer to 7 mo, but that's irrelevant I guess). He was very proportionate at last check, 15 lbs 1 oz and 25" long, forget head circ, but it was 12th%.
Today was at the WIC office, but he only weighs 15 4 now, and is 26" long. I guess a whole inch in 2 months is a pretty good height growth, but his weight makes me upset. I had the same thing happen with Sebastian, and the old doc made a huge deal of it.
He bf 4-6 times a day like suggested, his diapers are always soaked, his poop is not readable anymore because he also eats solids. For solids he will eat just about anything. He's a machine. He mostly has snacky stuff, dry cereal, some of what the kids have for dinner etc, but I feed him jar food about once a day (a fruit or veg mixed with a meat made thick as an oatmeal I would eat with oatmeal cereal.
What do you think about this? Should I just wait til his appointment on the 1st before I get upset?

June 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally, I wouldn't worry. Growth can be sporadic...weight might be stable for a while and then increase all at once. If it were me, I'd wait until the appointment and see what they have to say. If he us having enough wet diapers and otherwise looks healthy, acts normal and eats on demand, he's probably fine.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 17th, 2013, 04:45 PM
juleeannk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to juleeannk
You also can't judge from two different scales. You would have to use the same scale to assess weight gain.
June 18th, 2013, 03:38 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
yes, scales vary, and is he crawling yet? Also, breastmilk should be his #1 source of calories until at least 1 year old, food for fun until they are one.

June 18th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He doesn't crawl yet, he doesn't sit up yet either. I have our 0-3 out to assess him on Thursday. My last three boys were all late physically :/

I also posted on the leaky boob, and one woman said the same as you guys, the other said that she would be concerned and feed him more fatty food. I don't feed much actual food at all, it's mostly snacks, when the other kids are having a meal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search