When did you or do you plan to stop nursing to sleep?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By angelsailor288

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan has been falling asleep without nursing a few times here and there, but mostly he nurses when he needs to fall asleep, either naps or bedtime. When did you stop? Or when do you plan to stop?

Did your sleep improve when you stopped? If your little one woke in the middle of the night, did you nurse? If not, what do/did you do?
August 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ummmm I wanted to stop like a year ago but theres no end in sight lol
Rachel likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never planned to be the only way she would fall asleep. There have been several times she has just cuddled up and fallen asleep. She still wakes up, usually only when cutting teeth, to nurse. I don't really notice since she's in my bed.

This is one thing I'd like to put an end to. Lets just cuddle and go to sleep.

August 23rd, 2013, 03:55 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
we stopped nursing to sleep and only to sleepy first and that right there improved her sleep tremendously, then about 10 months later we night weaned. She was 22 months and 31 months respectively. For stopping nursing to sleep, we would read books, nurse until sleepy, read one last book, then go to sleep, instead of nursing until she was ASLEEP.

August 23rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I will nurse to sleep until he wants to stop. He doesn't always nurse to sleep though. Usually he nurses, plays for 15 minutes or so, and then we cuddle to sleep.

August 23rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
I had to stop nursing her to sleep because she was waking 6-10+ times a night and i went back to work 5weeks PP and was about to lose my mind after we went over a year like that.

August 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
I had to stop nursing her to sleep because she was waking 6-10+ times a night and i went back to work 5weeks PP and was about to lose my mind after we went over a year like that.
Thats where I am at. Hes up like 10 times a night to nurse and Im just done and over it. Im exhausted and it makes me miserable. I dont know what to do

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 27th, 2013, 04:06 AM
I used the Pantley Pull Off method from the No Cry Sleep Solution. that book really helped us.

August 27th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
I used the Pantley Pull Off method from the No Cry Sleep Solution. that book really helped us.
All I hear is success stories from this book. It didn't work for us & I'm not sure why :-(

September 1st, 2013, 06:50 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I nursed Avery to sleep until she was about 1. At that point, I would nurse her on the couch right before bedtime and then her daddy would take her in the bedroom, read stories, and rock her to sleep in the rocking chair.

On days when he wasn't around, I would nurse on the couch and then do the same. we are at the point now where we read stories in bed and then lay together/cuddle until she goes to sleep.

In terms of at night, we night weaned at 16 months. Avery was sleeping in her own room on a queen sized mattress, and we would cosleep from the point she woke up (usually right when I went to bed or shortly after) until morning. At first when we night weaned we sent daddy in for a few days instead of me. It went pretty well and her sleep improved dramatically right away. Once it was me again she did expect to nurse and did get upset but it didn't last long.

We had prepared her for that using "nursies when the sunshine" books and just reminding her constantly that "num nums are for day time".

Also reminding her before bed "when you wake up tonight, daddy is going to come to you. We don't nurse at night time anymore".

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 8th, 2013, 05:47 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will nurse until baby weans

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search