How supportive is your DH/SO?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Have I asked this before?

Neely is kind of meh about it. He would have been fine with either option I chose. He wasn't unsupportive, but he makes me feel like I can't complain about breastfeeding since it was a choice.
November 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's supportive. He definitely understands the health benefits. He was somewhat less supportive in general about pumping with #1, because it got to be a source of added stress when my supply started dropping. He asked a couple of times if I wanted to just quit pumping because it was so stressful. But overall he's been supportive of breastfeeding.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

November 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
At first he was indifferent. Before LO was born he asked if maybe we should have a can of formula on hand, but that's the only time I can remember him asking anything of the sort. Now that he's heard the BFing advantages from me, read about it on the Internet, and heard the lectures in his nursing classes he understands the importance.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
November 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
He became more supportive as time went on. When DD was nearing three though and i was unhappy with our breastfeeding relationship, he did not understand why i continued, but was still supportive of anything i decided.

November 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ehh. I think he expected me to stop sooner & thought it was weird as she approached 2 she was still nursing. I never gave him the rundown of the benefits because it would have gone in one ear and out the other,

November 23rd, 2013, 12:06 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
Jake supports me with any and every decision I make. He never tires even when I change my mind. When it came to Breastfeeding it was no different. "Whatever you want babe, you know that" I'm so blessed because it has been a rough road and he's been there every step of the way. He knows some of the benefits but not all. He's quite aware that I researched it extensively. Heck I even wrote a paper revolving around it. Even when it comes to pumping he's supportive. I'm about to buy a symphony kit for about $50 and he's perfectly fine with that. Let me stress how much $50 is to our family. We spend about that much on groceries a month. Not because we're stocked on food, but because that's how much we have. (Thank god for in laws) He was even willing to pull overtime to pay for the ENT of we couldn't get it covered, all so we could continue Breastfeeding.

I love my man

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

November 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He would lost his **** if I didnt bf, "babies arent supposed to be fed from a can". In extreme cases he would understand but would be overwrought with guilt. He's the first to rip off anyones head if they are rude towards me. It's like how dare anyone give him bad advice that would affect the health of HIS child. People learn quick not to say anything......but yeah he's supportive. He wont tell anyone else what to do, it's *his* child he cares about, and Im the same way. Neither of us give FF a hard time like they do to us. He was FF but he was a miracle baby, even for today. He's lucky to be alive.

November 24th, 2013, 05:01 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Yes, he's very supportive. He has sisters much younger than him and his mom BF him and his siblings all past a year, so that's what's normal to him.

February 15th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Veteran
Very supportive. I think he understands the importance of BF and he wants our LO to be as healthy as she can be.
February 16th, 2014, 07:06 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
He's very supportive. Which took my a little by surprise since he was formula fed. I didn't even have to take him down the baby aisle to show him the prices of formula and explain how fast they go through those cans. But while he's supportive, I think his parents had completely different ideas. They kind of looked at him funny when he said we weren't planning on buying formula.
He was, though, a little uneasy when I said I'd be feeding in public. But I think he had this idea that I would be whipping it out willy nilly. Kudos to the moms that can do that, I'm just a bit shy. But I will be feeding in public. I double checked the laws in my state just to add extra ease in case someone decided to tell me when and where I could feed my child.
February 16th, 2014, 06:50 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine likes it but it's all selfish! He is all excited about my boobs getting really huge again. He really like my DDD/F boobs I had with dd2.

February 18th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitabout View Post
Mine likes it but it's all selfish! He is all excited about my boobs getting really huge again. He really like my DDD/F boobs I had with dd2.
How do you feel about it?
February 21st, 2014, 06:05 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
He's very supportive. Sometimes I think he's a little bummed that he can't soothe her as quickly or efficiently as nursing can, but she doesn't actually comfort nurse that often and she adores him so it isn't like it's tough to get her to go to him. He recognizes the massive health benefits though and frankly thinks it's easier in the sense that once we got through the first couple of weeks, it's much easier to just whip out a boob than worry about mixing, washing and sterilizing bottles, making sure the temperature is right, etc.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search