Embarrassed no more

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
I completely do not care if my nursing in public bothers anyone anymore. Last night I unexpectedly ended up shopping with baby boy and DH's family. (I swore I wouldn't on thanksgiving, but it was after 8 and we had already spent the day together and we're founding as a family so I caved) Back to the point, LO was doing great bring carried around in his wrap. He merrily went from store to store. Well... Then we ended up at the mall. The very noisy hectic mall. He lost it, complete screaming meltdown that I didn't know infants could have. I knew he wasn't hungry, he was simply overwhelmed. I tried to find a nice calm place to nurse but even the fitting rooms were crazy. So I said screw it, found a bench and whipped out the boobie. He needed the comfort and needed it then. I wasn't going to let modesty or other people's shame of nature interfere with my baby's needs. I strive to let him know I'm there for him and will always take care of him no matter the problem. So I nursed and didn't care that there were gaggles of people walking by.

Then this morning at breakfast he had just finished a bottle but still wanted boobie. DH's dad was on the way and is extremely uncomfortable even when I'm covered with a blanket. Well too bad so sad lol I simply don't care anymore. My son comes first.

This was a massive hurdle for me and I'm so glad I finally conquered it

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

December 1st, 2013, 05:20 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
good job! after the first time nursing in public and realizing my baby's need to eat was more important than making strangers feel uncomfortable, i never cared again. I was always discreet as possible and always tried to find an out of the way place, but if baby needs to eat, baby needs to eat!

December 2nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I'm always more comfortable in big crowded places than in small intimate gatherings The chances of someone looking at me in a crowded mall long enough to know what's going on is much less.

December 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That is awesome! I honestly think it'll help with your supply to ditch the pump for when you're out and just let the little guy nurse!
February 15th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Veteran
Wow, congratulations! Good for you! And I agree with you. My LO comes first than what other people think about me BFing in public.
February 16th, 2014, 07:53 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search