scared about breastfeeding...

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2005, 06:02 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
So were any of you scared about breastfeeding for the first time. I think im scared i wont be comfortable with it. Like i know ill have to breastfeed in public and i dont know if id feel comfortable whipping it out in front of a bunch of people i dont know. Did anyone else feel like this before they started breastfeeding for the first time? Was it something you got more and more comfortable with once you got used to it and after a while of doing it it just came natural to where you werent shy about it anymore? I really do want to breastfeed cause i know its best for my baby just wanting to know if im the only one that feels like this and still wants to breasfeed

April 29th, 2005, 08:14 PM
abbezma's Avatar Regular
I was nervous and scared too because you can't see how much they are getting but within 2 weeks my DD was healthy and gaining weight ... it was hard and very time consuming but the bond we have is so worth it and she is so healthy.I sometimes look at her and can'at beleive I have nourished her all from me..about the public thing ..you will get used to it as your confidence grows...if anyone has a problem with it.....who cares...all that matters is that little baby looking up at you!! Don,t worry..and good luck!!!

I Love My Baby!!
April 30th, 2005, 12:28 AM
lynn_uk's Avatar Super Mommy
Ross was put to the breast after I'd recovered from the general anasthetic, he sucked so hard all I could say was Wow! I thought I would be very self-consious, but after the birth all that went out the window - I didn't care who was there.

I wouldn't b/f in front of my parents when they were down, that's too personal, but I take a Pashmina scarf out with me and have b/f Ross in a few cafe's now, no-one seems to mind (or even notice) and they can't see anything anyway.

April 30th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Sweet Louison's Avatar Veteran
just for the record i try not to bf in public...both of my boys liked to nurse on the move LOL...the just moved too much for me to stay covered and i just didn't feel comfortable...i will do it if i have to..but i try to find a secluded place to go ...if i am more comfortable i know the baby will eat better...here is one thing i do that may make it easier...

at the mall, walmart or any other store with a dressing room..i go there...and just tell them ihave to nurse the baby ...the attendant may look at me funny but they have always let me in and not said anything about it....

oh and if i am out i also nurse in the car alot...just park at the end of the lot and nurse...this also keeps my other children confined in their car seats so i dont' ahve to worry wiht them while i am feeding

HTH

Hollie

btw...i have just had a girl and she seems to be calmer about feeding...so maybe i will master the cover thing...LOL...the boys were just too interested in the world and i was too modest..hehehe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search