I think I am done....

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean

My milk is........leaving me!!!! I used to make 8oz on each breast, and since yesterday, I have barely made 2 and half oz on ONE BREAST!! So I thought I would just add an extra pumping session and see if that increases my supply. But, no. Is this really it?? Adeliya is not even a month old!!!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
March 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
8oz on one breast?? WOW. I'm making 1-2oz per breast and am pretty proud of myself It takes time to increase supply. Adding a session is a great start. I'm not sure how much Adeliya is nursing and how often you're pumping, but any time you can sneak in a pumping session - even 10 minutes - it can help stimulate supply.

Also, have you tried any supply boosters? Fenugreek, oatmeal, alfalfa, mother's milk tea, etc... All of these can help boost your supply.

(((hugs))) With Eric, my supply dived at 4-5 weeks and I couldn't get it back; I was exclusive pumping and managing it poorly. I know how frustrating it can be! I'd also try contacting a LLL leader or a LC and see if they have any suggestions to what the cause is and solutions to help. Good luck, Melba!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your body is simply leveling out to the needs of your baby. youre doing fine 8 ozs is phenomenal - i've NEVER pumped that much lol. I think your expectations are a little higher than usual & the 1 - 2 ounces is totally normal.

check out this link at how much an infant needs of expressed milk:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html

Are you exclusively pumping or only pumping for when youre away?

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 30th, 2008, 11:25 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree - I have been pumping for over a year & have NEVER gotten 8 oz in one session & still pump enough for my little guy while I am away. i think this is just your system leveling & it will change over time as well. Even some days I just have bad pumping days as I call them & then I bounce back. I wouldn't sweat it in the least honestly - especially this early on. Also you may be coming up on a growth spurt & every time that happened with us, he ate so much I was able to pump less & then after it passed my pumping got better again. Truly - I would not worry - I think you sound well within normal & you will see many fluctuations during the BF relationship.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

March 30th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
As my LC at the hospital says.....my boobs were made for breastfeeding.

I just pumped a few minutes ago, and I was able to get 3oz on each breast, so I was very excited. I pump exclusively, ant bottlefeed it to her since we still need to monitor and document how much she eats since she is a preemie born under 5lbs.

Where can I get Mother's Milk Tea?? Any store?? Walmart?? Target??

Thanks so much for your kind words. I broke down every time I pumped because I thought that this was it for her getting my milk. I have 10-12 bags of frozen breastmilk but it wont last me long because of how much she 'eats'. I am hoping to add another pumping session tomorrow so we shall see.

Since yesterday, when ever I hold the baby, my breasts get this intense pain in them, both!!! It happened this morning when I burped her and didnt think anything of it, and then I noticed that I leaked.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
March 31st, 2008, 12:07 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Ahhh, the joys of pumping. I get the tingling and pain, sort of pins and needles, when I'm not even around Daniel sometimes. Woo, fun

The only place I've seen the tea is GNC - though I assume other health/supplement stores would also have it. I've never looked at Target or Walmart, though!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 31st, 2008, 06:20 AM
dzt66's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't quit!!! You are doing great! I admire women who have to pump and give their babies bottles. You guys amaze me!

Here is a link where you can purchase mother's milk tea and funegreek online. It's amazon.com. Or if you have a Wild Oats store in your area. I have never found these items at Walmart, Target, or even Walgrens.

I have always used mother's milk tea, but just recently I tried fenugreek and it is amazing! After I started taking it I had more milk than I knew what to do with! The only down side is that it gave me very loose bowel movements (TMI - sorry). But it is worth it to me to have a good milk supply.

Proud mommy to Kourtney Lauren (10/01/03), McKenna Grace (07/11/05), and Blake Matthew (10/21/07)

My Family Blog
March 31st, 2008, 07:52 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I have been able to find MM tea right at my grocery stores. Sometimes in the natural section, sometimes in the tea section. Also natural food stores will have it. Call around so you don't have to make a bunch of trips.

If you have the money, earth mama angel baby makes MM tea and it supposed to be especially yummy. Eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning as well. It doesn't sound like you are drying up though! Don't give up and keep it out of your mind that your body can't do what it needs to for your baby, that's the medical model way of thinking and it's just plain wrong. Like you said above, your body is made for this!

March 31st, 2008, 08:27 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That feeling youre getting is your let down which means your body is doing exactly what its designed todo. When you hold your body, your body thinks its time to feed, so it has a let down of milk Amazing huh?!

Is baby gaining consistently now? how early was baby?

Pumpign isnt the only way to measure how much baby is gettnig or to ensure baby is getting enough. Have you met with a LC? Peds often recommend exclusive pumping, not taking into consideration the sheer stress of it. You probably can move towards just breastfeeding - but meet with a LC first

It is very difficult to pump for extended periods of time, though as the pumping board will prove, mothers do it all the time & quite successfully! I dread pumping lol - so I'm a bit biased. I do it b/c I have to work so I really admire moms who can stick it out & pump exclusively but I would be in a HUGE hurry to move away frompumping if I were you

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 31st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Hugs Melba! I second the recomendation for oatmeal, it seems to have quick results. You are doing a great job and I know Adelia is so very thankful to have such an awesome moomy to make all that yummy milk for her. I hope you can keep trying to get her on the breast. It took Audrey and I about 5 weeks to get things worked out and have not used a bottle since then. It's hard in the begining but once you both have things figured out it's really a great experience to be able to bf.

Stop by MoG - we've got hugs for you there!
March 31st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Breastfeeding is confusing isn't it? Pumping can be even worse, it's hard not to second guess your supply. Pumping is really hard to do and I really admire woman who do it for working or on a full-time basis. You're doing great mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search