Let's put it out there...

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js

My grandmother passed away in 1997, she was 55.
I lost my cousin Skylar 6 years ago, he was 8.
My uncle passed away in 2005, he was 57.
My great aunt passed away a few months after my uncle, age 93 (wow!).
June 13, 2007 10pm I lost my sweet grandfather, he was 87. the most amazing man you would ever meet.
June 14, 2007 6:30am my brother in law passed away, age 30. cardiac arrest

when my grandfather and brother passed away i was 8 months pregnant and had an 10 month old. i never got to grieve properly and had to "hold the family together".

thanks for letting me recognize all of these amazing people in my life that i lost.
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

July 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I usually lurk here, because I have a hard time sharing my losses with others. These are just the ones that really affected me.

In 1987 I lost my uncle pat to non-small cell lung cancer. I was 3 and thought it was my fault because I had stopped praying for him.
IN 1989 I lost my grandpa to a heart attack. I was 5 and blamed myself again. I don't blame myself anymore.
In 1993 I lost my best friend because her mother drove drunk. I was 9.
In 1995 my Aunt Nina died of Emphesyma. I was 11
In 2000 my Uncle Vic died due to complications from diabetes. I was 15
In 2002 My former FIL died due to organ rejection, 7 years after his heart transplant. I was 17.
IN 2003 I had mc the day after DS1's 1st birthday.
In 2005 my grandma died due to nonsmall cell lung cancer. I was pg with DD and was so angry. Her death hit me REALLY hard because we were so close and DS1 was extremely close to her. He still cries, and so do I.
In 2006 I had my 2nd mc
In 2007 I had my 3rd mc
June 2008 DH's aunt died. Me and her had met in person one time, but we spoke many times about geaneology and DH's childhood. They took the breathing tube out just hours after DS2 was born and she passed 6 days later.We didn't get to go say goodbye, or go to her memorial.
July 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM
whiplash's Avatar Veteran
My mom's parents, I was extremely close with both of them

And the hardest for me, is the loss of one of my best friends, and an ex. He died in August 2006.
September 2nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost my brother Josh when he was 24 to a heart attack in june 2006. Just a little over a month before my wedding day!

In addition I have lost many family members,
Cousin Catherine 3 months to sids
great grandpa normal cause
grandpa brain cancer
aunt to suicide
uncle to brain cancer
Childhood friend to a car accident
aunt to pancreotic cancer
Brother to heart attack
Grandma to cerocis of the liver(from fatty liver)

I am only 24 and have seen so much death~ You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Including 5 school friends
September 3rd, 2008, 06:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I have just found out that I have lost our little baby. I was almost 22 weeks. Dh mom passed away this last febuary
September 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Nykagarner's Avatar Veteran
Over the past six years or so, I have lost several friends...at least 15..But, the most significant loss in my life was my husband, Daniel. He died August 27, 2006. He was in a car wreck..there were 3 others in the car, including a girl who was 7 weeks pregnant. Everyone else lived but him. The baby was born the following April. The worst injury besides Daniels was a dislocated shoulder. It took me a long time to realize that it was no one's fault, and that God had a reason to only take him. He was 21, I was 20, with 2 kids (2 and 1) when I became a widow. It was extremely hard on me.
<span style="color:#9932CC"><div align="center"><span style="color:#00FFFF"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Nyka
Mommy to:
Brileigh Rene-11/2/2003
Joshua Jayce-11/8/2004
Keagan David-9/9/2007
New Baby-4/8/2009
Fiancee to:
Matthew</span></span></div></span>

September 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Airen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend in a car accident (Drunk driver - she was drinking) - In July 2007
Boyfriend of 4 years - car accident - 2001
Boyfriend of 1 year - quad accident in the desert - Halloween 1999
Friend X3 = all 3 motorocycle accidents
Aunt - breast cancer
Grandma - lung cancer
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
September 7th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Drakesmommy's Avatar My rainbow Twins are here
Send a message via MSN to Drakesmommy
This is my first time posting over here I post and am a co-host on loss of a child. I wanna say how sorry I am for everyones losses.

A really good friend from school passed (in 1999 I believe) due to a car accident.
My niece Gracie Faith in 2004 (she was 2 1/2 months old)
My first baby (due to m/c in Dec 2002 at 4 months preg)
My honorary niece Calypso Paikea Rhyder (6/14/07-7/7/07)
And the one that hurts me the most is My son Drake (born 2/1/06 and passed on 2/5/06 due to a genetic birth defect)

The pain will never go away but having so many wonderful people will help in the process.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy.

September 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Drake Alexander- My sweet nephew - 2/6/2006
My cousin Bill- May 2007
Calypso Paikea rhyder - my Sweet Princess went to heaven 7/7/2007
My sweet cousin Ryan who I grew up with went o heaven 7/27/2007 when he was KIA
My grandmother Nellie died 11/8/2007
And sweet MaMaw passed away 8/31/2008 at 72.
December 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM
MrsRestivo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was 13, I baby sat a 1 year old girl with very irresponsible parents. I went out of town and she crawled up a bookcase, it fell on her and killed her.

I got in an accident my junior homecoming, and my boyfriend at the time was killed. I wasn't driving, I broke 28 bones and had a brain injury, but was the least injured, so I've had survivors syndrome- trying to self destruct- since. I've gotten a lot better in the last year.

I just found out I'm going to miscarry, I'm a little over 10 weeks.

December 5th, 2008, 01:32 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
1981 - When I was 3, I lost my brother who was 4 - he fell off of a very high fence he was climbing. I was the first one to see him after his fall and I knew he wasn't alive. I had to make my way around the block and during the walk, I made myself stop crying saying I had to be strong for my mom and dad.

1983 - 1984 When I was about 5 or 6 my dad's mom passed, then a year later his dad passed.

1998 - My mom's passed away

2005 - I lost my dad.

Through those years many friends had passed away. Some were accidents, some were suicides.

My worst lost so far is that of my identical twin girls. 23 gestation I went into labor and the hospital couldn't stop it. It's almost 4 weeks and sometimes the pain is so unbearable I have to stop and cry. This pain is so different to me than all the other losses I've endured. I got to know those people and was able to love them for who they were and have wonderful memories of them, but I will never know my girls and have no wonderful memories of them.

January 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM
1987 - My maternal grandmother, she died of pancreatic cancer just months after being diagnosed.

2000 - My maternal grandfather, natural causes.

February 2005 - Coworker/friend, in a car accident. The other driver involved fell asleep at the wheel and crossed into her lane.

April 2005 - Childhood friend, suicide.

February 2006 - My paternal grandfather...he drank heavily and eventually his liver gave out.

January 2008 - My boyfriend's paternal grandmother, of Alzheimer's. I loved her, she was so sweet.

October 2008 - My aunt's husband passed away...he was never really nice to the family, but nonetheless, he was married to my aunt. He died of a heart attack. A couple weeks later my stepbrother (who was diabetic) went in for dialysis and developed a blood clot that went to his brain. He died a couple days later.

December 2008 - My twins. I was going into my second trimester when I lost them. This one hurts me the most...there are no words in the dictionary to explain how hard this was and probably will be for a while.
February 4th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for all of your losses and the loved ones you are living without x x

1988 - Aunt Pat
24th December 2001 - Aunt Beryl
31st December 2001 - My grandmother
January 2006 - Uncle Tony
June 2006 - Pippa, my frend and colleague
April 2007 - My cousin Maureen who I loved dearly

Always missing my angels; five miscarriages between June 2004 - April 2006, the hardest pain of all x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

February 10th, 2009, 04:50 AM
x tracey x's Avatar Super Mommy
hugs to u all thoughts and prayers are with u all.
i lost my mum in 2004
hubby lost his dad 2006
i recently lost a good friend he was llike a dad to me killed in a traffic accident on wednesday 4th feb

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search