Help

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Coraho_Ula's Avatar Regular
My husband and I were actively trying for over 18 months when we found out that we were pregnant, we were so happy. But then within 2 weeks we lost our first baby. We got to see our baby and its little heartbeat on an ultrasound 3 days before we lost it. That was on the 5th October 2008. For the week after that I was a mess. But I thought that I was doing ok at the moment, I know that I am never going to be over it as such but I thought that I was dealing with it.

Last weekend I looked after a friends 13 month old daughter for a few hours, and that was ok, there was only a couple of times that I thought about what could have been.

But then this week (well yesterday) I was doing some errands for work and on my way back there was this man pushing a pram with a small baby in it. The baby started crying and I almost did too. Then when I was on my way home from work I was talking to my mother on the phone and she was asking me advice for a women that she knew who was pregnant and did not want to go to the doctors yet. The way that she was talking I knew that this was not just someone she knew, so I asked her if it was my brothers wife that she was talking about. She asked me if I was mad, how could I be mad its not their fault that that I lost my baby and they are pregnant (they have been trying for a while). What I was mad at was my mother. She her self had a miscarriage (the last baby she tried to have) so she knows how hard it is, but yet she still rang me to ask me about stuff. I was handling it ok until she started saying that my sister in law is 8 weeks along, which means that we almost had twins well they would have been a month apart but close. That is when I lost it and started crying. I almost hang up on my mother, because I couldn't listen to her talking like that. Last night was the first time since I lost my baby that I actually ended up crying my self to sleep.

It just seems like just as I start to deal with it, something happens and it puts me back to square one.

Sorry I know this is long winded but I needed to vent.
November 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm sorry for your loss, sweetie. What you are feeling is completely normal. It will never go away, but it will get much better in time, I promise. PM me any time. I'm on EVERY day.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search