Vent

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
~Isela~
Hello I am part of the March DDC and expecting my second child march 16. The reason is why i am posting here is because after just getting off the phone my mom she tell me that her and dad are no longer together and she hasnt heard from him in two weeks. This just breaks me in two first off because i have never heard my mom cry the way she just did to me and she still loves my dad very much. Secondly i never thought my parents would get divorced they have been together for 25years and it just hurts knowing that i will no longer see them together. It makes me doubt my relationship with my husband. The two people i thought would always be together are suddenly not and if they cant make it how am i so sure that i will succeed in my marriage. I just never thought this would happen to me it i for some reason naively believed that this would only happen if you are a young kid in grade school. When i was younger and kids would say that their parents were getting a divorce and they were hurting i now know what and how the felt. It doesnt matter how old you are when your parents divorce it hurts just the same whether you are 7 or 22. I want to call my dad and talk to him but i dont even know how to talk to him where to start, i didnt even know him and my mom were having problems. I know im just rambling on but i needed to vent.

March 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, honey There's never a good time for news like that. It doesn't matter how old you are, when your family is breaking apart it really hurts x x

Please don't let it affect the way you see your own relationship - you and your husband are different people to your parents. You will have your own ups and downs, of course, but if you know you love him then that's all that matters.

I'm so sorry you're going through this - you'll be in my thoughts and prayers sweetie x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

March 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM
x tracey x's Avatar Super Mommy
huge hugs hun like misty said it will affect u at any age. all i can say is just be there for both of them its gonna be hard but u have your own family to think of. hope all works out ok xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search