New here

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Regular
I am new to this forum. My mother-in-law just lost her baby. She was at 34 weeks. She went in on thursday for a checkup and the doctor told her that he heard a faint heartbeat. Told her to come back in on Friday for ultrasound. Friday she went in and the baby was already gone. She then was admitted to the hospital and they did not induce her until Saturday afternoon. She was in labor and delivery and heard all of those babies crying until the day she got out (Sunday) Saturday she gave birth to Angel Adolfo. He was born asleep weighing in at 6lbs. 11oz and 19.5 in long. It was so hard for me to go there cause I am ten weeks pregnant right now. I just cried and cried at home. I sent my husband for his mom and told him to tell her that I loved her and was thinking about her. I feel so bad right now. I wish there was more I could do for her.
April 4th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello there and welcome to the board x x

First of all I am so sorry for the loss that you and your family are facing. I can't imagine how much pain your mother in law must be in right now or how hard this is on you being pregnant yourself. My thoughts are with you all at this terrible and sorrowful time x x

I am sure that the hardest part must be not to know what to do to help her. I think the best thing you can do is to be there for her when she needs you, to listen to her when she needs to talk and to let he know that you'll always be there.

There is a very good still birth board here on JM that you might like to ask for some advice about how you can best help your mother in law, and always feel free to come and talk, cry or vent your own grief and fears here honey.

I'm thinking of you x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search