Guess I should formally say "Hi"

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I am all over JM and am not sure why I never stopped here. I have had so much loss in my life. If I tell the full story it will take forever, so I'll just do a list for now and you can feel free to ask away. I will answer anything.

• Donald Nicholas (brother)--2 days old -Preemie complications
  • Aunt Dawn-liver failure
  • Grandpa-Heart attack
  • Jennifer-friend (8th grade) car accident
  • Sherri-friend LONG STORY
  • Dominic McDylan-miscarriage
  • Gwendolyn Elizabeth-miscarriage
  • Aiden Alexander-miscarriage
There were many, many, more. I've lost several family members to cancer and a few friends of my sister.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Hi!

I'm new over here too, just lost my grandma last week(mom's mom), though I have had one other immediate family loss about 5-6yrs ago, but he wasn't competely family. (was my dad's mom's boyfriend of around 6yrs, she now has custody of his son, 19 in December, 19 is age of minority in Nebraska).

Sorry for your losses

June 5th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board honey x x

Feel free to post anytime, about anything that you need to. I'm so sorry you've had so much loss in your life. This might be a quiet board but everyone here is only too happy to lend an ear and a shoulder whenever you need us x

I've actually been lurking on your board (rpl) this week, but haven't introduced myself yet. I will do soon x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

June 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Thank you. Please do introduce yourself. It's a slow board, but that can be a good thing sometimes.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM
onetoughmamma's Avatar Member
I know what you mean about loss.

At the age of 9, my dad was killed in a tractor accident.

Then went my uncle William, followed my aunt, Julia.

In 1984, my boyfriend and the love of my life died suddenly in a car accident, two weeks later, I miscarried our baby.

My sister, Valone died in 1994 from a massive heart attack, followed by our brother, Jerry just a few months later...

My mother, who was my best friend, died in January of 2000, then in July of that same year my father in law died.

But having my faith in God, has really sustained me.
June 9th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Thank you. Please do introduce yourself. It's a slow board, but that can be a good thing sometimes.
Thank you so much, I'm still trying to get the guts to post at the moment, but I will soon.

I know what you mean too, it's kind of a good thing when this board is quiet too. It's always a mix when someone drops by of being pleased to welcome them and so sorry for what they're going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoughmamma View Post
I know what you mean about loss.

At the age of 9, my dad was killed in a tractor accident.

Then went my uncle William, followed my aunt, Julia.

In 1984, my boyfriend and the love of my life died suddenly in a car accident, two weeks later, I miscarried our baby.

My sister, Valone died in 1994 from a massive heart attack, followed by our brother, Jerry just a few months later...

My mother, who was my best friend, died in January of 2000, then in July of that same year my father in law died.

But having my faith in God, has really sustained me.
Welcome to the board, honey. I am sorry you've had to make your way here and that you have had so much loss in your life but I am glad you found us x

Any time you want or need to talk or vent or cry, whatever - just go ahead and we are all here to listen x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
So sorry for your losses. I understand the grief and loneliness associated with the loss of a loved one. In time the hurt & pain will pass. It never goes away but it will become more manageable. ((Hugs))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search