Fiance

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hi. I'm Vanessa and I'm 21. I just lost my fiance in Iraq. He was a marine. We are expecting our first child. It's been really hard dealing with because I feel like all the things we promised this child seem to have been taken away like a stable family. It seems like since it's happened I've been going full speed ahead to try to stay positive and not stressed for the baby but some days it gets hard. I'm really thankful that I will have this baby by him to remind me everyday of him but I'm really nervous about having to raise this child alone. I guess I just really need to in a way find a productive way to get it out instead of stressing and getting sick which I know isn't healthy. This is just where I find myself struggling the most lately.
July 24th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow hun... I can't relate at all and don't know what to say to be honest, but I feel for you and your baby. Find strength through your baby, and know that yes its hard to be a single Mommy, but you can do it. Keep your head up, I wish you all the best. **hugs**
July 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Welcome to the board, honey, and I am so very sorry for your loss

I can;t begin to imagine what you are going through right now, but I really feel for you and your baby. JM is a very supportive place and I am sure you will make many friends here to help you when you are feeling low and any time you need to talk please come and let it all out. We will always be here for you and will always lend you a friendly ear or a shoulder to cry on.

It's totally natural to feel nervous and scared about raising your baby alone, especially as you have been through such a traumatic time. Have you been offered any kind of counselling or therapy to help you deal with your loss and the stress it has brought you? It might help to talk it through with someone.

Please drop by any time, honey. You will be in my thoughts and prayers x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 4th, 2009, 02:24 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, don't know what to say. I offer you my sympathy and condolences though. *hugs*

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 6th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please check in with us if you are reading, Vanessa. Come and let us know how you are doing x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search