Has anyone lost a colleague?

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has someone you have worked with (closely or otherwise) died? How did it affect you and the rest of the company/place of work?

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 10th, 2009, 04:24 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
When I was at Sears we had a manager pass away from breast cancer. Most of the staff went to the funeral.

Not long after I left Burger King a woman I had worked with also passed away due to cancer. EVERYONE went to that one. Corporate even came. I was away at school and come home for it.

Also, while at Sears, a coworker lost her 10 day old son to ancephaly. (sp?) She finished out her maternity leave and was given a thing of flowers the day she came back. Some of my coworkers went to the funeral. I didn't. It was out of state and I didn't know her well at the time. We really bonded after that. We understood each other. None of my babies were born alive, but that pain of losing a child was still there. For his first birthday I bought her a figurine of an angel holding a baby. At the bottom it said "Mom and baby angel." I also gave her a card.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 10th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
About 3 or 4 years ago we lost one of our colleagues to cancer. Everyone knew and loved her. The school held a service for staff to remember her and everyone was on tears, but the thing that always stuck with me was that there were happy tears remembering her impact on the place as well as sad tears for missing her.

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search