How have your losses changed you?

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you feel you are a different person now because of the grief anf loss you have experienced?

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Definitely. It's really hard to rattle me since losing my son. I also have lost the ability to stick a cork in it and be nice. If I think you are an idiot, I'll usually tell you. I just don't have patience for people who get worked up over nonsense.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

September 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
niclis
I agree with Rebecca. I'm much more upfront than I used to be and find myself having a harder time dealing with stressful situations. I almost feel bitter when I listen to people complain about trivial things. I'm not happy I'm this way, but it is what it is!
September 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely. I have lost all innocence regarding life. I am now painfully aware that terrible things will, in fact, happen to me. I have lost the ability to be fun-loving and worry free. I never have an easy mind anymore. I am like a darker alternate reality version of the old me, if that makes any sense. I can't say that I am less tolerant of stupidity because I was never very tolerant of it to begin with. If anything, I would say that I am less interested in people in general. Social gatherings are difficult for me now because I don't relate the way I once did. I am not sure if I will always be this way, but this is my reality for the last 14 months.

May 31st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Absolutely. I recently lost my little boy.I feel very changed. No one will ever replace my little Paul. I have decided though to have more children than I initially planned. I pray every day that we never have to lose another child. I have a hard time seeing people with their babies now. I feel that my little boy should be here with us, too. He was and is still so loved and wanted. Why did he have to be in such a small percentage group of kids that have an irreversible disorder. It is so unfair, because I did everything right to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.No one should have to deal with this.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF OUR LITTLE ANGEL
PAUL ARTURO GOMEZ 5-17-2010

Last edited by PAULJRsMOMMY; May 31st, 2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
June 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost my angel in march. I see how life is so short now, I find it still hard sometimes still
June 27th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I lost my baby girl in May 2010. I had preeclampsia and small placenta. She was stillborn. Everyday I just want to stay in bed but I have to get up and take care of my 4 yr old son. My husband is deployed in Afghan. and I can't wait for him to come home.
Jenn
October 4th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Very much so. With every mc I have I feel like a part of me has died. I love kids and work with kids but I can no longer see a baby, child or expecting mom and not want to cry. I no longer sit by and put up with stupidity. I have always wanted a huge family but now after our 3rd mc I am starting to think about not having children. I think in a strange small way it has also made me stronger since nothing seems to shake me.
October 4th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son died 18 months ago and I still feel like I am going to wake up and see his face playing with the other kids. I am not able to tolerate people and their stupid petty problems the way I was before. I have less sympathy for minor issues. I also feel more protective of my other kids. I just can't face waking up to another dead child again.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
October 4th, 2010, 06:34 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone here is talking about the loss of their child so perhaps i shouldn't post here, as i haven't experienced this loss. I did however lose my father when i was 8 due to an accident at work, he was 30. I can very much relate to Laurie, i am constantly aware of the worst case situation. Growing up i was always afraid i would find my mother dead. If someone is late i'm worried they have gotten into a car accident or some other accident. I get annoyed with how little people appreciate others knowing how quickly they could be gone. I don't know who exactly i would have been if he was still here, but i know i would have been much different.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search