Please help.

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 05:47 AM
futuremommy2b's Avatar Mommy to Be
Hello everyone, I would greatly appreciate some help on this! I have no one to talk to, so I definitely need this advice. Two weeks ago I had found out I was pregnant by taking 3 tests, all faint positives. I was so excited. My boyfriend and I were very happy. A few days later, I found out I had a chemical pregnancy. I had to go through this alone, because my "boyfriend" is not capable of being with me right now. He has only ONE issue that tears us apart. Which would be that he has an abandonment issue from his mother, as a child, and for years has been unable to have a successful relationship with any woman. He IS NOT cheating, he just has this issue. I am willing to do anything to help him out and it's sad that I can't. Does anyone know of ANY possible way I can get through to him besides the "I'll help you out, I'll be here, ect.". THANK YOU!
February 20th, 2010, 08:01 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I don't think there really is much else you can do. It sounds like you're being great and doing everything you can for him. Maybe tell him you want to make things work, and suggest some couple's counseling or maybe some personal therapy on his part? I think it might help you guys, good luck!

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
February 21st, 2010, 04:55 PM
VTmomma's Avatar Cool Momma
Hugs to you.
February 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for you recent loss, and to go it alone must have been horrible. As for your BF's abandonment issues with is mother, I can tell your first hand that if he does not seek professional help, it will only get worse. My brother had this issue all his life. Finaly at the age of 40, he saught help. He is a different man now. He was in so many relationships, divorced, and just did not have the proper respect for any woman because of this. Its not something you can help with, and once you understand that completely, you will find it easier to deal with. This is something only he can fix. If I had any advice for any woman in your situation, I would tell them to back off of the relationship until he came to terms with this. There is nothing good that can come from someone who has no trust in "women" because his mother left him as a child.

I wish you happiness and pray that he comes to terms with this, and that you can someday grieve this baby you lost with the man you love.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search