Ugh... I need to get this out, and this is probably the best place..(x-posted)

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2010, 11:38 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I lost my uncle to cancer about 1 1/2 years ago or so (I think..It's been so hectic since..)
and we found out maybe 3 weeks ago that my great aunt has cancer..in three places. Bone, Breast, And Liver...
She's going to fight it as much as she can, but she doesn't want to prolong it..
After my uncle passed away, My depression took a bad turn.. I was 16, almost 17 (18 now) and was suddenly clinging to my mom like a 5 year old, following her everywhere..
I hate this..my great aunt and I have been somewhat close, off and on, since I was little..
Not only that, but I guess this could be considered a 'loss' of sorts..
My grandparents are getting a divorce. They've been together since before I was born (my mom considers my grandfather to be her father)
.......as you can tell, he isn't my blood grandfather..
We don't know if he'll ever see us again..
He's the guy who took me on motorcycle rides and to the beach as a little kid.. He was my dad figure for years.. My bio dad didn't want much to do with me and was in and out of jail. He saw his granddaughter for the first time at FOUR MONTHS OLD!
But back to my grandfather..
We've been sooo close over the years.. Even when my grandparents moved to FL 6 or so years ago, every time I visited (2x a year) we'd do something..go somewhere..
I'm so torn right now..i'm losing my great aunt to something I hate so much..and losing my grandfather to something I hate just as much..ugh..I wish I could just make it all stop.
I don't know what i'll do when the divorce is final and my great aunt loses her fight..

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search