About you

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Let's get to know each other.

Name:
Age(s):
A fact about the person/people you lost:
A random fact about you:

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Name: Kristen
DH/SO: Eric
Child(ren): Leo
Age(s): 2
A fact about the person/people you lost: My dad drove up from Nebraska for both my HS and college graduations and again a year after for my wedding. At my HS graduation he shook my step dad's hand and congratulated him on raising me so well.
A random fact about you: I love to crochet, but dabble in all kinds of crafts.
December 28th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Name: Augie

DH/SO: Chris

Child(ren): Four angels

Age(s): (They would be 3, 2, 1, and 3 months.)

A fact about the person/people you lost: My babies were all very much wanted and I miss them dearly. Dominic was a sweet surprise. Gwen loved to make Mommy eat. The only way to keep morning sickness at bay was to eat constantly. Aiden's loss caused some problems for me and DH. DH's way of coping was to deny Aiden's existence. Jillian...I was so hopeful with her. I had a diagnosis, I was taking meds, I thought that was all there was to it.

My brother: I never got to meet him. I wish I had, but at the same time completely agree with not being allowed to. (I was only two. He spent his whole short life on lots of machines in the NICU.)

Jenn: Jenn was a good friend lost way too young. She is why I'm so insistent on seatbelts. Had she been wearing one, she'd be alive today.

Sherry:
I don't feel I'll ever get the closure I need here. I feel her husband was solely responsible for her death and should have been charged. Since he wasn't, I can't feel at ease with her life's end.

A random fact about you: I suffered from a 2 year long battle of depression. Nothing, not meds nor a therapist, was able to help. I finally pulled myself out of it after meeting DH and moving in with him (out of my parents' house). At one point, I had a suicide note written and a plan to end my life that night while I was home alone. My parents canceled plans last minute and stayed home. I thank God daily that He kept them home. I finally know better ways to handle my stress and am much more aware about my "funks" and hurry to pull myself out of it.

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
December 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Ashley

DH/SO: Nick

Child(ren): Baby on the way

Age(s): Due June 20th 2011

A fact about the person/people you lost: I spent most of my childhood with Stephanie and Jack, they were like my 2nd set of parents. Stephanie made some awesome french toast and no one has ever come close to it

A random fact about you: I have 3 dogs and am a dog groomer, I love dogs haha

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 28th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
A random fact about you: I have 3 dogs and am a dog groomer, I love dogs haha
That's a tough job! I worked at a boarding/grooming facility for two years. Might have stayed longer if my boss wasn't such a nightmare!

December 28th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah it sure is. I worked at petsmart for 3 years, they trained me and everything, I was promoted to salon manager and made awesome money... however they fired all the bosses and brought in new ones that were HORRIBLE... they treated us like robots, treated the dogs we groomed like product, overall just very bad, even the regional/district management. So I quit. Regretting that now because the private shop I was at laid me off a week before Christmas... *sigh* can't win. I really do love grooming though, I think it's a lot of fun.

December 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
Yeah it sure is. I worked at petsmart for 3 years, they trained me and everything, I was promoted to salon manager and made awesome money... however they fired all the bosses and brought in new ones that were HORRIBLE... they treated us like robots, treated the dogs we groomed like product, overall just very bad, even the regional/district management. So I quit. Regretting that now because the private shop I was at laid me off a week before Christmas... *sigh* can't win. I really do love grooming though, I think it's a lot of fun.
Yikes! Hope you find another soon! Maybe just start calling the small businesses, talk with the owner, and hope they like the idea of adding a groomer? Vets and SPCA could be good to check too.

December 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah unfortunatly with the economy the way it is, people arent getting their dogs groomed as much so small shops arent hiring. Sucks. Hopefully things get better soon. I'd love to open my own place someday!

December 29th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Very true...vets and SPCA would still have to have a groomer though.

December 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
Name: Caylee
DH/SO: John
Child(ren): Alex (13), Grace (forever 3), step-daughter Jasmine (3)
Age(s):
A fact about the person/people you lost:
My daughter Grace (July 4, 2006~November 16, 2009) - Beautiful daughter. She loved Treehouse TV (favorite show was Dora the Explorer). She had the brightest blue eyes, the most amazing smile, and the most infectious giggle.

My Oma (1929~2008) - I was very close to her. She made amazing shortbread cookies. She helped me through a lot of struggles throughout my life.

A random fact about you: I love photography.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search