Simply Why?

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM
FunSized's Avatar First Time Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FunSized Send a message via Skype™ to FunSized
Last month in January, I lost my boyfriend and the father of our baby who is due to be born anywhere in the 2-3 weeks. He wasn't fully excited about the baby, but was at least supporting me with my decision to keep. His death wasn't an accident or on purpose, but a mistake.

I must say, I am not sure how I will react emotionally once the baby is born as already in the 3D u/s pics, he looks just like his father did in his baby pics. And I also worry further down the road when he is old enough and starts asking questions about his father, how I would approach the subject. I don't want my son to ever feel like it was his fault.

I am coping as well as I can with my boyfriend's death, but its hard... I was in the hospital when it happened, and I got a text message at 8:28am from him, simply saying "Good Bye". I tried texting him back, confused with the message, but he never replied. I wish I knew WHY and if there was anything I could have done to help. He showed no signs of depression or even having that as a thought. He was happy, always laughing and his life was getting better... I'm just at a loss

♦ Jonathan Tyler Born March 4, 2012 ♦ 7lbs 9oz 22inches ♦
♥ R.I.P Tyler Scott ♥ Aug 27, 1991 - Jan 10, 2012 ♥
February 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Veteran
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I can't say from experience but you're probably going to hit an emotional rollercoaster for the next while. When your son starts asking questions you'll know how to discuss it with him, and probably without having to go into details about certain things. Make sure you surround yourself with friends and family who will help keep you in a good place and help with your son when he arrives. They will be your back bone when you feel like there's no where to go or nothing you can do. Stay strong.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search