Do you have certain things...

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Dreamme2006's Avatar Veteran
That you carry with you to remnd you of them?

For my cousin in my car I have:
one of his florida gator hats
a picture of him
a ribbon that was handed out to family at his benefit concert

In my house for him I have a huge hurricane vase with pictures, sympathy cards, his funeral program, these papers that have a picture of him with lines to the sides to write memories (they were at the funeral for people to fill out), a lighter that he gave me 4 days before he passed away (he was always getting on to me for not having one..haha), and a Florida gator pillow that he slept with(a year later it still has so much of his scent).

Have you lost a loved one? Come join us on the grief and loss board! Click Here!
August 19th, 2006, 01:41 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now all I have with me all the time is one of the little cards that they had for people to take at the wake. It has a picture of them on the front, and their info (names, ages, places and days of death) on the inside cover, and a prayer on the other side. I keep it in my wallet. I have a couple pictures of me as a baby with Grampie, and one of me with Grammie, and a couple of me with both of them at my high school graduation in one of my albums.

I'm getting Grammie's sweater she wore all the time this weekend. Mom and Dad went up to start going through some of their clothes and personal belongings, and Mom is going to bring that back for me if she can find it.
August 19th, 2006, 04:49 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We moved into the house to help out with bills since her chemo care was almost all out of pocket. She is here. Her scent is fading, but we haven't put clothes away or anything like that. We just can't do it yet, and it's been One year, 9 days.
August 21st, 2006, 09:45 AM
JIAs Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a star tattoo on the back of my neck in memory of my best friend that I lost 3 years ago. For me and my friends... a star is how we remember her. We also named a star after her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search