How to you deal with it?

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Dreamme2006's Avatar Veteran
I know I have had tons of ups and downs and its totally been an emotional roller coaster. When things just get really bad how do you deal with it?

A lot of times I turn on music that reminds me of him and just have a good cry.

When I feel like I just can't handle it anymore I sometimes go for a drive down country roads, it gives me a sense of peace. My cousin and I used to take rides down country roads if we wanted to just get away from everyone for a little bit, so it makes me feel good to do that.

Other times when I just dont want to think about it at all, I get busy cleaning or try to find a good movie to watch to keep my mind occupied.

Have you lost a loved one? Come join us on the grief and loss board! Click Here!
August 21st, 2006, 03:13 PM
gabbie's Avatar Veteran
I deal with it different ways. Some days I just feel like a good cry is all I need. I also find the thing that helps me the most is I have notebook that I call my Leah notebook. In this notebook I just spill my hurt out to her. About everything that is on mind to with her or her situation that we are dealing with. I find that this really helps me. I feel like I am talking to her. It feels really personal between me and her.

Leah Justine "GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN"

Mom to 3 Beautiful Girls

Shayla Maria (17)
Leah Justine (Forever 7)
Alicia Alessandra (1)
August 22nd, 2006, 01:48 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always vented thru writing, so just take a paper and write all that i am feeling, am thinking of doing a notebook for closure.
August 23rd, 2006, 05:44 AM
JIAs Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't know how to deal with it after Eliza died and struggled for over a year... and now I still don't know how to deal but time has made it easier for me and I don't struggle quite as much.

I developmened this incredible fear of death after Eliza died and for the first year its all I could think about.. death and how scared I was of it. I would cry and cry because I didn't want to die.. or my kids to die. I would be overcome with this huge amount of sadness when I thought of death.. death totally over came me and I couldn't get out of it.. I didn't know how to deal. Like I said its been almost 4 years now and the only way I have delt with it is.. time. Thier are still days when I lay down for a nap or bedtime and my mind wanders and I feel that sadness all over again.. luckily now it goes away though and im not in a constant depression.

August 23rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really know how to deal with it. Right now, like JIAs said, I have a huge fear of death. Every time I hear the phone ring my mind jumps to the worst case scenario. I'm terrified everyone I love is going to die. The only way I've dealt with it so far is crying. After the tears I'm just numb... I don't feel anything. I'm just empty right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search