What things make you feel better about the whole situation?

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Dreamme2006's Avatar Veteran
Well, this is based on my beliefs but here goes.

They say that 1 day on Earth is like 10,000 years in Heaven, when I think about that it makes me feel a little better because I know that they aren't missing us.

The strange experiences that have happened make me feel better because I know that he is around.

Also, sometimes I get into really deep thought about it and I think why would God take my 19 year old cousin away when he had so much going for him? And then I think about what his life may have turned out to be. He had been with his girlfriend for 5 years and about 2 months before he passed away she broke up with him and got into an abusive relationship. So sometimes I will think, maybe he would have killed that guy for hurting her, then he would have spent the rest of his life in prison. Thats just an example but I come up with tons of what if's and some of them make me feel better knowing that he is living a good life.

Anyways, maybe I think too much..haha!

So, what if anything makes you guys feel better?

Have you lost a loved one? Come join us on the grief and loss board! Click Here!
August 27th, 2006, 12:20 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a lot at all. The only thing is I think sometimes at least neither one had to live without the other. But that really doesn't provide any comfort either. I can't stop thinking of all the bad things, like what they'll miss, that this will be the first Christmas without them...things like that...
August 27th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Dreamme2006's Avatar Veteran
Yeah, I totally understand what you are syaing when your talking about what all they will miss.

My cousin was only 19, almost 20 and 6 months away from graduating college. So, I think about how he is gonna miss out on getting married, having a career, having children, etc. There are just so many things that all of our loved ones miss out on once they are gone. And, I think that makes everything a little more sad.

Have you lost a loved one? Come join us on the grief and loss board! Click Here!
August 28th, 2006, 03:24 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It must be so much harder that he was so young. My grandparents had lived their life, but I just think, now they won't get to meet this great grandchild, my Mom's first grandbaby, won't see my brother graduate this year, those kinds of things. All these things as they come up, first holidays without them (we went there every holiday), will be so hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search