How do i explain?

Forum: Grief and Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grief and Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2007, 03:28 AM
Regular
Hi all.
I lost my husband to cancer 2 and a half years ago, my little boy was only 22 months at the time.
He is now 4 and starting to greive, he keeps getting upset and asking me to get daddy back, why did he die, why has everyone else got daddys and i havn't, where has he gone?
As you can imagine this is very difficult, i was wondering if there is anybody who has been through a similar loss and could offer some advice please.
August 27th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
i don't have any advice but i've been struggling with a similar situation for a few days now. my brother died from cancer 2 1/2 years ago and now i have a 6 week old. i don't even know when or how to tell her about him. he was such a great person, even at 11 that i want her to know him so badly.

I'm so sorry for your loss and how badly your son is struggling. I hope someone can help you or you find it in you to help your son understand.
November 9th, 2007, 02:24 PM
mrsmommy3's Avatar Veteran
I lost my daughter at 28 days back in Decmeber 2005 and I also had a 15 month old at the time, to this day my daughter asks me when her sister is coming back. Its hard but I have to explain to her that her sissys in Heaven with Jesus, and she says that she wants to be there too. It is hard and it will take time for them to understand but just be patien and know that one day they will understand, hope that things are going good for you!
December 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
HUGGS and my heart goes out to you, i also lost my spouse to cancer(age 25) my daughter was 4 and my son was also 23mths at the time its nearly 3 long yrs now...it is so hard to talk about let alone explain to a lil one ... scary to talk about to much and sad to talk to little about it THE hardest ting was telling my daddies girl that he had gone to heaven im not exactly sure how to give my son memories of his dad either ..so i do understand to some degree what you have been through

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search