I wanna see...

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
...a picture of your altar!

I've re-done mine this last week (a little early for Imbolc, but I decided to do it on new moon while I was off work, I've always been more of an esbat person!) so will take some new pics at the weekend and get them uploaded.

January 30th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm creating mine this weekend and will post pictures on Monday!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

January 31st, 2009, 06:50 AM
Here's mine. I made it kind of light and romantic, cleaned it all up and bought new candles and stuff for Imbolc.

This is the windowsill part. I know a windowsill isn't ideal but when you only have a bedroom that's actually yours you have to be creative! There are seashells - I use that pot for burning incense and the big shells to catch the ash. All the wooden boxes and tins contain crystals. I always have three candles - two tapers and a centrepiece - in the middle which I light when performing prayers or rituals. I just bought the centre one which is rose-scented today. I don't know if you can make out the little statuettes but there is an owl which is a Greek symbol of wisdom which I bought in Greece; two dragons standing guard in front of the candles; a cherub; an angelite angel; and a Madonna statue from Montserrat in Catalunya.

My wand is there at the moment charging in the waxing moon. I have all the crystals I want to use and now have a ribbon I will use as well. I am still waiting on an amethyst point for the tip to make it.

This is the bookshelf part, where I keep the tools that are most sacred to me. There is my huge piece of selenite; a lavender and a rose candle; an amethyst pendulum; a clear quartz generator which is programmed to protect and heal my brother who is currently estranged from us; a Buddha; moldavite in the little red tin; my oracle cards; my clear quartz diffuser (in pouch); my Mayan bell for cleansing; my abalone shell which is where I cleanse & charge my moldavite; my rose quartz diffuser; and my rose quartz angel which invokes Archangel Chamuel and keeps negativity out of my love life (I hope)!

Finally I do keep things out on the two tables either side of my computer. One side is full of candles, another incense holder and an oil burner. This side is full of animal and mineral-related objects; an animal stationery box, animal medicine cards and crystal ally cards, a little ladybird, an elephant incense holder and rose and jasmine pot pourri which I got this morning as an offering for Imbolc.

January 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really have an alter at the moment. I haven't quite figured out the best place for one, since the kids are always getting into everything.

I think your alter is beautiful!! and I actually like the fact that it is in the window!

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

February 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
If and when I move out of here it will likely be into a flat and there won't be much space so I might still have to use a windowsill anyway! And I will also need the kitchen windowsill for all my herbs, lol! You have to make the best of what you have. Thank you very much, Megan. I love my altar. It has grown with me over the years, hence spilling out onto more and more surfaces.

February 2nd, 2009, 03:45 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your altar is beautiful, Sharron

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

February 3rd, 2009, 08:12 AM
I still wanna see all yours!

February 4th, 2009, 10:39 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww mine is all packed up at the moment, we are drywalling and laying new carpet, and i dont want anything getting broken....so in a few weeks when its all done and i can set it back up in will post some pics.

i think your windowsill altar looks very nicely put together, i like it.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
February 5th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I'll look forward to it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search