Edain McCoy

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Century Darkthorne's Avatar Angel Of Darkness
So a few months back when I was shopping through some stores I came across a book by Edain McCoy. Now i knew nothing about her and the book "adavanced witchcraft" caught my eye. But some of the things in the book struck me as a bit strange and when I went on another forum a long time ago asking about the book i was told she was kind of a fool. That she basically wasd at a pub in Ireland and some woman told her about this supposed ancient religion of Ireland called "witta" and she was intiated as a High Priestess of it and even got some followers. Problem is this religion didn't even really exist but she claims she was just duped and didn't intentionally make anything up. Yet she is still a High Priestess of this "religion" last time I checked I could be wrong. Anyone know anything about her? I just thought it was kind of funny/interesting.

No I am not a Satanist. The 666 was a joke between me and a few friends of mine and it kind of stuck. So don't let it put you off from checking out my myspace or adding me. I don't bite.

February 4th, 2009, 09:49 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've not heard of that about her. I have a book ' The Witches Guide to Faery Folk' by Edain and I've got no complaints about it. She seems sound and hasn't written anything that seems out of the ordanary in it.

Thats interesting though. thanks for sharing lol

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

February 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My strong interest in history is actually what has led me more towards socio-anthropological books rather than occult books. I tend to be a bit too judgmental of historical inaccuracies or misrepresentations and outright fantastical mythos pedaled as fact in some modern occult books.

This link is helpful:

LINKY

February 4th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
While I haven't read anything of Edain's, I've not heard anything really bad about her... however, this would not be the first time a new religion was made up and claimed to be ancient (Gerald Gardner, Alex Sanders or L. Ron Hubbard, anyone?).

I would consider Silver Ravenwolf and/or Laurie Cabot more of a fraud... but that's my personal feelings.

February 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Century Darkthorne's Avatar Angel Of Darkness
Quote:
While I haven't read anything of Edain's, I've not heard anything really bad about her... however, this would not be the first time a new religion was made up and claimed to be ancient (Gerald Gardner, Alex Sanders or L. Ron Hubbard, anyone?).

I would consider Silver Ravenwolf and/or Laurie Cabot more of a fraud... but that's my personal feelings.[/b]
really? I don't know anything about Silver Ravenwolf but I never thought of Laurie Cabot as being a fraud? But then again I never read much about her either . Never really went to her shop in Salem either..i mean i did go once but there are others much better than hers lol.

But i guess what was so funny about the Edain McCoy thing was that she was claiming Witta was some kind of Celtic religion when in reality it didn't even ask and wasn't anywhere near representing anything to do with celtic beliefs and that "witta" is a word that doesn't even exist in the old irish language so i've been told. I just don't get why she wouldn't have one somke more research about this supposed religion before claiming to become a high priestess of it.

No I am not a Satanist. The 666 was a joke between me and a few friends of mine and it kind of stuck. So don't let it put you off from checking out my myspace or adding me. I don't bite.

February 5th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How strange! I've never heard of her but I think I will avoid her book after reading this...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search