Theism

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Theism
Belief in one God (or Gods) as the creator and ruler of the universe.

Non-Theism/Atheism
strong atheism - god does not exist
weakly atheistic - does not think about the existence of a deity

Agnostic
agnosticism - something is out there but does not know what, there is no proof and it is unknowable.
strong/positive - impossible to know
weak - unknown but not necessarily unknowable

Pantheism
Believe the Earth and universe is God. That the Earth needs to be taken care of. Does not believe in supernatural. Does not believe in a transcendent (superior, supreme being) or anthropomorphic (ascribing human traits to a God) entity.

Panentheism
(God is All) Believe what pantheists believe about the Earth and universe, but also believe in transcendence of God.

Animism
This is a belief that all natural things (objects, phenomena, and the universe itself) have souls or a spirit. It is also the belief in spiritual beings or agencies or a doctrine that the soul is the principle to health and life.

Deism
This is best explained as either a belief in a God based on the evidence of reason or nature with rejection of supernatural evaluation. It may also mean a belief that God (s) exist but that they don't take part of our lives or that they created the world but are now indifferent to it.

Hedonism
The doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the highest good a person can achieve; it is a devotion to maintaining personal pleasure as a way of life.

Monotheism
Belief in one God.

Polytheist
Belief in more than one God.

These are some of the more common theistic views. There are many others as well, but not as well known. The link provided above has additional definitions for those who are interested in other forms of theism. If I got something wrong, feel free to let me know and I'll fix it

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great info !! Keep it up!

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search