is it possible to up set your tools

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol i know it sounds crazy. but i have been getting good readings with my pendulum, until today. i dropped it like 3 times off of a table on to tile floor (i am so lucky that it didnt shatter, its polished amethyst) and it started telling me no for every thing i asked it, even question such as "am i female" "is my name kristine". so it got me thinking, do you think its possible to upset or "break" your divination tools?
i held it for a while and carried it around with me to see if i could maybe recharge it with my energy, and it seems to be working better, but im just not sure. i hope i didnt break it.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
January 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
DistantSun's Avatar Seeking Serenity
Send a message via AIM to DistantSun
I'd say it's not possible to "break" it, unless you actually break it, lol. But sometimes energies can get upset. I'd just keep doing what you're doing, which is re-attuning it to you.

Thank you so much, cavewoman!
January 18th, 2011, 04:02 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm not sure. I think that the energy with which you work with your tools can affect them---you know, like charging it with the wrong sort of energy. That's why, for example, you're not supposed to use spell candles for two different spells. So, maybe you just got very frustrated after dropping it and felt all jumbled, and so the pendulum's energy got "jumbled" too, kwim? That's the best I can think of!

I know that my dice don't work for me as well when I try to use them half-heartedly, or if I'm stressed out for any reason, so I try to only use them when I'm very focused and calm.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelady View Post
lol i know it sounds crazy. but i have been getting good readings with my pendulum, until today. i dropped it like 3 times off of a table on to tile floor (i am so lucky that it didnt shatter, its polished amethyst) and it started telling me no for every thing i asked it, even question such as "am i female" "is my name kristine". so it got me thinking, do you think its possible to upset or "break" your divination tools?
i held it for a while and carried it around with me to see if i could maybe recharge it with my energy, and it seems to be working better, but im just not sure. i hope i didnt break it.
Yes, you can break them, both physically and spiritually, however when done spiritually it's usually something the Divine does, not you. For instance, I have a pendulum, I love my pendulum but my pendulum does not love me It has never worked for me even though I desperately want it to. There are many times when someone who is skilled in a particular form of divination it stops working as a sign for the Divine to push you towards a new form, something harder, or just something different. You may prefer the harder form and get more information out of it, or you may just learn another form and then have TWO forms to work with.

Every now and then my Tarot cards stop working for me, and that is usually my signal that I'm supposed to learn something different. The last time this happened it was because I was supposed to learn about my crystal divination board.

Also, it's possible that dropping it frustrated the energy - you may simply just need to recharge it

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM
thanks ladies

im getting better readings now. but im just not sure if i trust them (does that makes sense?). maybe its time to move on to my playing cards for a while (thanks jackie what you said makes sense) or maybe i need to learn more about my dreams and the messages i get through them.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
January 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Keep us posted!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
There always comes a time when Universe feels you don't need a certain object or tool for the moment. In my case, it's a couple of decks of tarot that disappeared a few months ago. When Universe decides I need them again, they'll turn up. Also, I was buying stones today and one particular one that I thought I needed, Universe decided I shouldn't have it. I dropped it like 4 times before I got the hint.

Your pendulum will let you know when it's ready for you again.

January 22nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyzira View Post
There always comes a time when Universe feels you don't need a certain object or tool for the moment. In my case, it's a couple of decks of tarot that disappeared a few months ago. When Universe decides I need them again, they'll turn up. Also, I was buying stones today and one particular one that I thought I needed, Universe decided I shouldn't have it. I dropped it like 4 times before I got the hint.

Your pendulum will let you know when it's ready for you again.
Thanks for sharing. I've had signs like that before and I was like, "nope this is just not meant to be" and not just on spiritual things

My pendulum is hanging on the front screen door for protection but that's the only purpose it's serving me for now

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
earthchilde's Avatar Open-Minded Pagan Lady
I have a belief that sometimes are tools get tired or overwhelmed. I know my cards and pendulum do. I charge and clense mine on my altar as often as possible to prevent it. It may be that your pendulum needs to be clensed, because energies for the questions it's been used for may have built up on it.

Or as the other ladies suggested, it may just be the universe saying its time to take a break and move on for a while.

January 23rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
thanks ladies
its funny because i have misplaced it three times in the last two weeks, so maybe it is time to put it up on my alter for a while , once i find it again that is lol. i fear i may have lost it for good though. i had it in a zippered part of my backpack (i had taken it to work with me) and when i went to get it i noticed that it was slightly open and the my pendulum wasnt there, everything else was though. i hope i didnt lose it for good, it was a gift from one of my giving goddesses from this board . i think i am going to work on my playing cards for a while and look into dream divination. and hopefully when it is ready it will turn back up.

p.s. earthchilde love that pic of jax in your siggie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search