Thursday - QOTD!

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 01:35 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
When it comes to medicine, how natural do you tend to go?

My knowledge of medicinal herbs and teas is still very small, so I tend to not take anything unless my illness puts me in the hospital (in which case I take what they prescribe me). I want to change this, though, and learn more about natural remedies. For now, my cure-all is caffeine, as sad as that is. I have a terrible addiction that I've greatly cut back on due to breastfeeding, and not having caffeine is actually my biggest culprit when it comes to headaches and body aches and general feelings of "blah sick." If I don't feel good, I just say "Give me a sweet tea or coffee," and 99% of the time it works. Pathetic, right? I should go to caffeine withdrawal therapy.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
natural untill i see we need something more. but i am wanting try more things beforehand like elderberry tea, and Jackie was telling us once of a natural cold remedy that i want to try. cant remember the name of it but i was tell my bff about it yesterday.

Jackie, do you know what i am talking about? I think you said it started with a "C" maybe?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I take meds if needbe but I prefer trying to fight it off myself with herbs and stuff I get from a Naturopathic company I used to work for.

If I need meds from the dr I'll take them no problems.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
Eh, I would like to say that I go natural first, but in all honesty.. I grab a coke and some ibuprofen before even thinking of doing anything else. My FIL was able to use his hands to "align" me and made my headache go away once though. He does this thing where he makes a diamond with his fingers and places it on your face and after a few minutes.. poof.. the headache is gone.

January 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Somnious
It depends on the severity of the situation, I guess. If it's just a mild stomach or headache, I don't mind taking some more natural. I'm all about drinking tea, so sometimes I drink it to help me sleep, or just relax me. (Besides, it tastes delicious with honey). But, for more serious stuff like migraines and what have you, I always take medication.
January 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
DistantSun's Avatar Seeking Serenity
Send a message via AIM to DistantSun
I don't usually take medication until I really cannot stand it anymore. For headaches, I usually can will them away. I do use some acupressure points also. I'm just over careful because I'm breastfeeding, but I've never really been a big medicine person.

Though... I was glad that I understood my body enough to know when I was getting appendicitis. :-P

Thank you so much, cavewoman!
January 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellazx2 View Post
natural untill i see we need something more. but i am wanting try more things beforehand like elderberry tea, and Jackie was telling us once of a natural cold remedy that i want to try. cant remember the name of it but i was tell my bff about it yesterday.

Jackie, do you know what i am talking about? I think you said it started with a "C" maybe?
Oscillococcinum

We go as natural as humanely possible aside from having to go to the hospital for stitches which DH did. When I was lactating I'd use my BM for many things (pink eye, ear infections etc...).

I know that if I'm getting sick, it's because of my diet so I change it up and eat as much raw food that I can get my hands on. Teas w/ lemon juice, echinacea, ginger root, cayenne pepper. LOTS of oranges and vitamin C. Salads, water and sleep.

Even my toothaches/infections I handle naturally w/ TTO and garlic juice (we'll juice some garlic cloves). Eating lots of garlic. I use garlic and TTO for EVERYTHING.

Right now I have a ringworm infection and I'm using apple cider vinegar and it's working pretty great.

Yeast infections/UTI's I take care of on my own.

I do cave in and take meds as an absolute last resort but I hate it!

Nola's been to the Dr. 1 time since being born and it was the ER. I thought she broke a bone or something because she wouldn't quit screaming, turns out it was an ear infection.

Kailey got staph when she was 1 and that was the last time she was at the Dr.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I find it best to use it all to compliment each other (not to say I'll pop some sudaphed and swallow it down with a huge cup of steaming mint tea). I feel that the advances in medicine have been made because Universe wants it that way. So I'll take my antibiotics but couple it with some lemon-honey tea and a round of Reiki.

As for the herbs, I'm watching them a little more closely now that I'm seeing Science and the FDA doing serious research and testing only to find that some herbs don't work the way we thought they did! Placebo effect, ya know? But then again, that's all it takes sometimes.

Tags
qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search