Freaky Friday QOTD!

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
What's the weirdest real-life, NON-spiritual mystery/folklore that you believe in? Bigfoot? UFOs and aliens on Earth? El Chupacabra? The Bermuda Triangle? Orang pendek? Thunderbirds? Lake monsters like Nessie? (And there are soooo many more mysteries!)

I have to admit that I believe in all those things except the chupacabra, because forensics has showed that normal decomposition results in the "mutations" and blood loss that people were noticing in the animal corpses. My biggest interest is with hominids like bigfoot (aka sasquatch) and the orang pendek. I want to discover these animals sooooooo badly, because I absolutely, truly believe they exist. I know people personally whom I trust very much who've seen a bigfoot creature, and I myself found a large human-like footprint in the woods near an old mine opening. I want to go on stakeouts in the woods and set up infrared cameras and the whole deal. I'd be like a ninja and hide in a tree all night and day if I had to.

The thunderbird isn't a cryptozoological animal that I even knew existed until I researched it in my later teen years based on an experience that I had when I was about 10 years old. My friend and I were walking through the woods way out in the boonies, and we'd been following these big bird footprints. They were about a foot in length, and were meandering through the woods without any other signs of disturbances (no human footprints, no other animals, etc). As we made it out of the woods and into the open field, the footprints started steadily growing larger and further apart from each other, as if the animal's stride grew as its footprints did. Halfway through the field, the footprints were about 9 feet apart from one another, and the bird prints themselves were about three feet in length. It was sooooo bizarre. The snow around them was crystal clean and fresh, so I can't imagine how they could have been a hoax, as I don't know how a person could place the prints that far apart from one another without leaving some sort of disturbance in the show. Well, at the crest of the hill that the field was on, the prints just stopped, as if the animal had 1) disappeared, or 2) flew away. Since they looked just like giant bird prints, I've always assumed that it flew away. But WTHeck created them, and WHY did it get bigger when it came into the open field??? This is the weirdest mystery of my entire life that haunts me to this day. I want to know the answer, but even after researching thunderbirds (which are just eyewitness accounts of REALLY BIG BIRDS), I've not found anything that indicates that anyone's witnessed them changing in size. It would seem like me and my old childhood friend shared a very unique experience that we'll probably never know the answer to.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
I don't believe in anything really...I'm so boring

January 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Ginny~* View Post
I don't believe in anything really...I'm so boring
I am the exact opposite, I believe in all of them
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
January 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aliens for sure. i mean come on with as big as the universe is there is no way we are the only planet with life or beings of high intelligence. im just not buying it, besides i saw a ufo when i was like 14 lol.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
January 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelin View Post
I am the exact opposite, I believe in all of them

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could get together for coffee sometime and dicuss this? Maybe we could meet in the middle

January 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Maybe I should adjust my position...I don't necessarily think believe that they aren't possible...I just don't know what I believe about it

January 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I saw a UFO, too, jaelin! Care to tell your story?? I am obsessed.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Somnious
I don't really have a lot I believe in for that. But, I really love to hear about people's experiences and learning about the folklore. I've been reading Hunting the American Werewolf very slowly and I'm still on the section of people's claims of seeing werewolves in Wisconsin. It's so interesting! Someone claimed to see a large hairy beast that break danced to move about. Another group of kids went looking through an abandoned house, which apparently belong to an old witch. For some reason said witch left all of her tools in the house including her BoS. So, they stole it and took off, but on the way out they seen this large transparent wolf beast that had glowing red eyes. The author speculated that it it might have been a sort of protection spell that was tripped off if someone unwanted entered.

I believe in aliens, but I'm not too sure if they're on Earth, or have been stealing people to research them. The way I see it is that the universe is so large. It would be pretty closed minded to think that we're the ONLY life form out there in all of space. There's also a local legend about a ghost train that comes around every once and a while. That I'm more inclined to believe because I believe in ghost imprints. The legend says that you can hear the train and suddenly see a bright light coming down the track. Apparently it's suppose to be the conductor on the back of the train holding out a lantern. It makes me wonder how old the imprint is.

Alssooo, I'd like to remark on your thunderbird birds, Krissy. I wouldn't rule out the tracks being man made just because there weren't any people's footprints next to it. I've seen people like that make special boots that have the print right on it, keeping them elevated enough to not disturb the print. With that being said, that's only one of many possibilities. Just something to keep in mind.
January 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Ginny~* View Post
Wouldn't it be lovely if we could get together for coffee sometime and dicuss this? Maybe we could meet in the middle
LOL, that would be fun. it would surely be an interesting conversation but then again I don't have much of an argument for my side. I think I just WANT to believe it. DH is more into cryptozoology than I am, I'd have to bring him along for all the facts and figures, haha. we can definatley find a comprimise.
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
January 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Okay I thought of something I really want to believe in...vampires.

January 28th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Alssooo, I'd like to remark on your thunderbird birds, Krissy. I wouldn't rule out the tracks being man made just because there weren't any people's footprints next to it. I've seen people like that make special boots that have the print right on it, keeping them elevated enough to not disturb the print. With that being said, that's only one of many possibilities. Just something to keep in mind.
I know about how people do that, because plenty of people fake bigfoot prints in this way. The thing that gets me is that the prints started small----maybe 7-8 inches long (and were pretty narrow, so walking on them would be hard), and they walked all through the woods before turning, going under a thorny bush, and coming out into the field. When they reached the field, they slowly grew larger (so, someone would have to be switching the size of their fake prints without disturbing the current prints, AND while standing on one leg), and the length between each print grew farther apart. The only way someone could have jumped that far from print to print (and they'd have to be wearing snow-shoe sized prints at this point) would be if they were being pulled behind a trunk (which someone did do once to make bigfoot prints look like they had a larger stride), and there were absolutely no signs of any vehicles anywhere nearby. Keep in mind that the stride by this point was definitely longer than a full-grown six-foot-something man lying down. So, it's definitely a mystery! If it was a hoax, someone worked very hard to pull it off, and must have had a helicopter waiting nearby to levitate them over the snow while they wore giant birdprint-shoes. Then the helicopter would have to fly them away because there wasn't any evidence of backtracking. Those prints were flawless and very life-like.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Last edited by krissy1989; January 28th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
January 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
i dont not believe them, i just dont have any experiance with them. i think it is all possible.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

January 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
DistantSun's Avatar Seeking Serenity
Send a message via AIM to DistantSun
I know that it is illogical (and technically, it is a logical fallacy called the argument to the negative) but I really do believe that if, say, bigfoot existed, we would have some definite proof by now. There really aren't that many wild spaces left, and certainly very, very few that could support such a large creature who would need space to roam and to hunt and all that.

We also know that there is no such thing as the Loch Ness Monster. The very idea is a silly one, but as Loch Ness has been sounded through the use of sonar and other modern technology, we know that there's nothing down there and no where for it to hide.

Buuuuut, I do believe in aliens. The universe is much too huge to not have alien life in it somewhere. That doesn't mean I think they're flying around in hypertechnological spacecraft and probing random farmers, but I do believe they're out there, somewhere.

Thank you so much, cavewoman!
January 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Somnious
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
I know about how people do that, because plenty of people fake bigfoot prints in this way. The thing that gets me is that the prints started small----maybe 7-8 inches long (and were pretty narrow, so walking on them would be hard), and they walked all through the woods before turning, going under a thorny bush, and coming out into the field. When they reached the field, they slowly grew larger (so, someone would have to be switching the size of their fake prints without disturbing the current prints, AND while standing on one leg), and the length between each print grew farther apart. The only way someone could have jumped that far from print to print (and they'd have to be wearing snow-shoe sized prints at this point) would be if they were being pulled behind a trunk (which someone did do once to make bigfoot prints look like they had a larger stride), and there were absolutely no signs of any vehicles anywhere nearby. Keep in mind that the stride by this point was definitely longer than a full-grown six-foot-something man lying down. So, it's definitely a mystery! If it was a hoax, someone worked very hard to pull it off, and must have had a helicopter waiting nearby to levitate them over the snow while they wore giant birdprint-shoes. Then the helicopter would have to fly them away because there wasn't any evidence of backtracking. Those prints were flawless and very life-like.
Yeah, I suppose that wouldn't make much sense. Plus, how far out in the woods were you? It wouldn't make sense for someone to set up tracks if it's in an area that people usually don't go to. They want people to fall for their hoax.

But, to expand on the other stuff I was saying, there are certain legends that I'm in the in between about. Like The Lochness Monster and the Bermuda Triangle, there's really not enough evidence out there to disprove it, but not really enough out there to prove it, either. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they did find out they were real, but I wouldn't be surprised if I found out it was fake, either. I take that from Schrödinger's paper done in 1935. The idea was that if the outcome of circumstances is presently unknown, then you must accept all possible outcomes as true. I always found it to be a good way of thinking of things.

Last edited by Somnious; January 29th, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
January 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe in the Bermuda triangle..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
January 28th, 2011, 06:18 PM
DistantSun's Avatar Seeking Serenity
Send a message via AIM to DistantSun
I believe weird stuff happens in the area around the Bermuda Triangle, but I think that some of it is either exaggerated or overstated for effect. And whatever it is, I'm sure there's an explanation for it that wouldn't be all that weird.

Thank you so much, cavewoman!
January 28th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
What's the weirdest real-life, NON-spiritual mystery/folklore that you believe in? Bigfoot? UFOs and aliens on Earth? El Chupacabra? The Bermuda Triangle? Orang pendek? Thunderbirds? Lake monsters like Nessie? (And there are soooo many more mysteries!)

I have to admit that I believe in all those things except the chupacabra, because forensics has showed that normal decomposition results in the "mutations" and blood loss that people were noticing in the animal corpses. My biggest interest is with hominids like bigfoot (aka sasquatch) and the orang pendek. I want to discover these animals sooooooo badly, because I absolutely, truly believe they exist. I know people personally whom I trust very much who've seen a bigfoot creature, and I myself found a large human-like footprint in the woods near an old mine opening. I want to go on stakeouts in the woods and set up infrared cameras and the whole deal. I'd be like a ninja and hide in a tree all night and day if I had to.

The thunderbird isn't a cryptozoological animal that I even knew existed until I researched it in my later teen years based on an experience that I had when I was about 10 years old. My friend and I were walking through the woods way out in the boonies, and we'd been following these big bird footprints. They were about a foot in length, and were meandering through the woods without any other signs of disturbances (no human footprints, no other animals, etc). As we made it out of the woods and into the open field, the footprints started steadily growing larger and further apart from each other, as if the animal's stride grew as its footprints did. Halfway through the field, the footprints were about 9 feet apart from one another, and the bird prints themselves were about three feet in length. It was sooooo bizarre. The snow around them was crystal clean and fresh, so I can't imagine how they could have been a hoax, as I don't know how a person could place the prints that far apart from one another without leaving some sort of disturbance in the show. Well, at the crest of the hill that the field was on, the prints just stopped, as if the animal had 1) disappeared, or 2) flew away. Since they looked just like giant bird prints, I've always assumed that it flew away. But WTHeck created them, and WHY did it get bigger when it came into the open field??? This is the weirdest mystery of my entire life that haunts me to this day. I want to know the answer, but even after researching thunderbirds (which are just eyewitness accounts of REALLY BIG BIRDS), I've not found anything that indicates that anyone's witnessed them changing in size. It would seem like me and my old childhood friend shared a very unique experience that we'll probably never know the answer to.
What a crazy experience!

I don't discount any large animal monster type thingies. I definitely believe in UFOs and aliens.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search