Intuition about people?

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 05:40 PM
Some Som
Have you ever had a really strong intuition about someone when you first met them?

For me, I have really strong intuitions about bad people all the time when I first meet them. I get this really off feeling that puts me at unease whenever I talk to them and immediately put distance between them and myself (usually cutting contact, if possible). And then eventually their badness always ends up showing through and everyone is always so shocked to find out; not me. It usually doesn't take too long, but it leaves me feeling kind of discouraged. Like... I don't WANT to be right about them being bad people. But that just happens to be what it is.

I really wish I had good intuitions about meeting good people, haha. Then I don't think I'd be so shy and cautious around people.
April 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Yes, I have what I call "vibes" all the time about people.
Im right about 99% of the time too. Thankfully, I get good ones as well as bad not just one or the other.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 1st, 2011, 10:20 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I'm almost always right. It made it real easy to hire people when I worked as a manager

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
April 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Yup, all the time. Most recently I've had some really really bad vibes about a new person/supervisorish type guy at work.

And I agree Som, it'd be nice if I could always get the good feelings to know which people to trust. Sometimes I do, but not often.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Some Som
Hah, I suppose "vibes" would be a good way to call it.

I wonder how we have such a good time reading people? I could say that it's due to mannerisms, but I've had people act perfect nice and normal to me, but something just doesn't feel right, ya know?
April 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Id say its cuz we have tapped into a part of our Divinity that we didnt know was there. When we focus and dont deny that...we can get those "vibes".

When I was a Christian, I didnt notice "vibes" because I would associate that with either evil things or nonsensical things. But once I realized I could do it and allowed myself/opened myself up...it was just second nature. I realized I had probably always done it but denied or ignored it cuz of how I was raised.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Quote:
For me, I have really strong intuitions about bad people all the time when I first meet them. I get this really off feeling that puts me at unease whenever I talk to them and immediately put distance between them and myself (usually cutting contact, if possible). And then eventually their badness always ends up showing through and everyone is always so shocked to find out; not me. It usually doesn't take too long, but it leaves me feeling kind of discouraged. Like... I don't WANT to be right about them being bad people. But that just happens to be what it is.
Pretty much this exactly. I've known when someone wasn't a decent person, and almost always been right about it. Sometimes I do get good vibes, and I can trust someone, but it's not often.

One thing that I find is that I seem to have a knack for thoroughly understanding someone's personality after only being around them for a short time. I just seem to "know" how they'll respond to certain situations, and I'm usually right. This serves me well in a working environment, and it's why I'm good at being the "peacekeeper," a role I often find myself in without meaning to. I know what will trigger people, y'know? I suppose all that could just be chalked up to good people reading skills, but that doesn't always add up, especially if I've only been around the person a few minutes. Sometimes I'll accidentally tell someone why I want to avoid a situation because of how they'll react, and they get mad and defensive, usually giving the "You don't know me", but I'm usually proven right if they proceed with the situation anyway.

Uggggh, it's hard to explain.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Some Som
I get the same way, Kris, with those people that I can read as being bad. They're like an open book to me, but yet if I'm around someone who doesn't make me feel at ease, I end up drawing complete blanks. It's like I'm flying blind and that freaks me out.

But, anyway, I'm a bit skeptical to just right away say it's something to do with the divine, but that's just me. I always felt like any kind of divine intervention was a "last resort" sort of thing. Like, they're busy doing more important things, like running the universe to bother with one of millions and billions of life forms, if that makes sense. But, I realize that I'm probably the minority on that beliefs.
April 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Quote:
But, anyway, I'm a bit skeptical to just right away say it's something to do with the divine, but that's just me. I always felt like any kind of divine intervention was a "last resort" sort of thing. Like, they're busy doing more important things, like running the universe to bother with one of millions and billions of life forms, if that makes sense. But, I realize that I'm probably the minority on that beliefs.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think that it applies to intuition. IMO, intuition is something that is just inherent in people---and some are more in tune with their intuition than others. I don't think we really have to tap into any God or Goddess to use it, kwim? In other words, there's no intervention going on. It's just an ability that is natural to us, and we can use it how we choose---or NOT use it, if we choose that. That's just my belief, anyway. So, like you, I don't think that the Divine is coming to me as a God or Goddess to let me "see" other people. It's just something that happens.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I have to admit that I used to just always believe that all people were good and I assumed that until they gave me a reason to think differently. Since becoming more in tune with my spiritual self, I have found that I am much more able to sense the 'vibes' that people give off. I can sense their energy is the best way to describe it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search