Beginning Paganism

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By lunaverde
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
You've decided to take the Earth path and follow a nature-based religion, now what? Which one?

All beginners on any spiritual or religious journey should do one very important, critical thing. Write it down!

Get out a piece of paper (or better yet start a journal, commonly known as a Book of Shadows in the Pagan community) and write down what you DO believe. A lot of beginner Pagan's make the mistake of looking into all the different paths that fall under the wide term of Pagan and then try to fit their beliefs into ___ path or ___ path so that they have a title and "belong" to the Pagan community.

Don't sweat it. You do NOT have to be associated with any particular Pagan religion in order to be a Pagan. This would be what you would call and Eclectic Pagan. An individual on their own journey and they have their own set of beliefs and feel a connection to the Divine in their own way etc...

So write down what you DO believe!

Do you believe in reincarnation?
Do you believe in the Three Fold Law (anything you do will come back to you x3)?
Do you believe in Karma?
How do you see the Divine?
Is the Divine both a male and female energy?
Do you believe in different God(s) and Goddesses?
Do you believe in magic?
How does magic work?
What is magical energy and where does it come from?
What do you know about Chakras?
What do you know about Auras?
Are you into "natural recipes" as in oils, herbs, crystals etc...?
Are you into natural healing?
How do you explain good and bad in the world?
Do you believe in Other Creatures (dragons, fairies, unicorns etc..) and where did/do they come from?
Do you believe in the astral realms?
What do you want to know and learn?
Is there a path that does interest you?
How do you feel about a magical name?
How do you feel about Animal Totems?
How do you feel about guides? What are guides (ppl, animals, ancestors, Gods etc..??)?

It's ok if you can't answer all the questions or even understand some of the questions for that matter, but that's just part of the journey. Write what you can, write what you believe, even if it's not on this list. I just tried to think of the most common talked about topics with Pagans. And surely something on this list must have piqued your interest, so find a topic and research it, see how you like it and if you believe it!

Also, check out the sticky and read the links in it. This thread here will become apart of it as well.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...hat-pagan.html (What is a Pagan?)

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
lunaverde's Avatar Hoping for #3
I'm just starting to put together my personal Book of Shadows. I just wanted to say thank you for more well thought out information.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

May 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
WHat a great way to start a BoS! I have SOOOOOOOO many ideas for my BoS, but I still have to get a book. I have seen some nice leather bound journals that I want, but have yet to purchase. There is going to be a leather working workshop at Shadowgrove here sometime this summer, so I think I have been holding out because I want to make my own. Do you think I would just buy a notebook and start writing things and then transfer it over?

May 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Start now so that you aren't upset that you don't remember everything about ___ situation and didn't write it down!!

I would love an empty book.. .used to have one when I was a teenager but I am so nitpicky about things being in order that it just doesn't work for me. I have a 3 ring binder so I can re-do and organize things
*PurpleMidnight* and Tuatha like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search