Have you ever...? (x-posted)

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bella Nyxe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Gone to a Spiritualist in person, and paid for a reading for face to face? (is that proper English?...forgive me, it's late and I've had a few sips tonight)

My work spouse wants to take me to her Spiritualist a week from Friday (for my birthday) and have her read cards (tarot) and do an Astrological birth chart for me....I don't know whether to dance a jig, or be so scared I can't stand it...

I think it is somewhat different (although I'm not 100% sure) than having the ladies here read cards for me, since you all have never actually met me in person, (even though your readings have resonated with me in my heart and soul,) and having someone sitting across from me...feeling my energy, looking into my eyes (soul), and telling me about myself.

Am I afraid? Yes, and no...This lady, Judy, has had sessions with Adrienne, my work spouse (we spend so much time together, she's my other "work" half), and A. says she's a tell it like it is reader...which is what I would want from an in-person session, but then again, I am afraid of what she will tell me...

I know that I can learn and grow from her information, even if it is negative, but I am really feeling like this will be something that I don't want to "comfortably" hear. I'm not afraid of any readings being told in front of A...she is awesome, but I am afraid of ...... (I don't know what)...I wish I could put a finger on it...then I could confront it head on...

Have any of you ever had an in-depth, personal, face-to-face reading done? How did you feel about it? (Especially before hand...anxiety misplaced or ???)

Any advice or insight would be awesome...I trust you girls' opinion so much... TIA.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

May 24th, 2012, 06:41 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
never in person

May 24th, 2012, 08:21 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
twice. Once was at the county fair when I was 16 and she was SO totally wrong!! I was trying so hard not to laugh during the reading, she was so bad.

The 2nd time was at our Renaissance Fair, and she was absolutely dead on.

Definitely would do it again!!
May 24th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I never have, but I'd LOVE to. Even if just for fun.

I mean, I have had my palm read at the Wiccan Fellowship group I used to belong to, but that wasn't something I paid for. I only remember one thing she said, and it was correct... but I don't remember anything else (this was like 6 years ago).

I've always wanted to get an actual reading that I pay for (in person) though.

May 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have seen a woman my mom knows-a psychic/medium. She has been really accurate on many topics over the years. I would be excited! But also, go in with ears open and mouth shut. You dont want to feed any information to someone who may not be as legitimate as you'd hope. My mom brings a recorder, Ive had a friend take notes. Its nice to go back later and see what you've forgotten.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
May 25th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
i dident pay for it, my dh's company did, but i did have a reading done. she was right on.

Jackie is alway right on with hers too. iv never met her or spoken to her in person.

also, right after i turned 21, my friend had a psychic party and i helped her set up her house. i was going to have the reading before anyone else got there so i could leave for work.it dident happen though. the lady who was the "psychic" told me she couldent read me. that i was too strong psychically and i was blocking her. ummm i never did ask anyone if that was ever true.... but i dident believe her. :uh: oh and i dident pay for her to tell me that i was blocking her.
Niamh ૐ and Mitra Shonu like this.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

May 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I have never gone, maybe in the future I will! As of right now I have plenty of ppl online to do readings LOL!!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search