The Dead Files

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MidnightMaiden

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
This is a program on Friday nights on the Travel Channel network.

Anyone watch this?

Its really freaky good LOL, I think. Its a bit different and I take it all with a grain of salt but its got some goosebumpy moments too.

*If you arent familiar with it it has a former homicide detective named Steve and a physical medium named Amy and they explore haunted homes and such.
The thing I like about this show is they never see each other until the end when they do the "reveal" with the home or business owners.

A cameraman for Amy, named Matthew, goes in and covers up or takes down anything that is a picture or might interfere with her senses, etc. as she walks around the location. She then tours it with Matthew videotaping everything she talks about and senses and sees as far as dead folk and past happenings goes.
At the end of her tour she has a sketch artist do a drawing of the one scene or individual that really stood out to her. Oh btw, she goes in at nighttime.

Meanwhile usually a day before or after Amy's there Steve goes into the place and chats with the owner, during the daytime hours, and then goes around town to local experts and historical places, etc and learns about the locations history and such.

At the end they sit with the owners and she tells them what she picked up on and when she hits on something Steve did he tells his findings too. Then she shows them the sketch and its usually quite accurate to a being the owner or staff or clients have seen or dealt with.

Its really freaky good when that sketch is dead on! But I like the fact that they go in at totally seperate days and never talk to each other til the reveal. And I like that Amy flat out tells the owners that she may not have everything 100% correct and no true medium would get it all 100% correct and if they did you should being asking...how.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
August 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Ohhh that sounds super interesting! I'm always super intrigued by shows like that!

I'm interested to see the show that comes out on the place I used to live it. They came in after I moved out and taped it and what not, Ooohhh. I'll try and see if I can get the youtube link!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

August 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Found it!

Chasing The Dead- K.L.O House - YouTube
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

August 19th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I don't think we get that show here at present, but we usually get your shows eventually, so I'll look out for it.

The best one we have at present is called Great British Ghosts but it's more about the story and the history than actual investigations or vigils.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search