Help !!! I need help answering these ! Please :)

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 2 Post By mindy scott
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
A friend of mine asked if she could interveiw me for a class of hers about religion. It had to be one differant than her own so she inboxed me. Well I am not qualified enough to answer these on my own. Can anyone please help me. Answer ones you can and I will summerize them . Please please please !!!

This is what she sent me -
What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a member of your religious group?
What concerns and hopes do you have for your religion?
How do you think your religion or experience of life has made their world view different than that of a Christian or other religions?
I feel that as a Christian we are misunderstood, and at times stereotyped as either fanatics or judgmental of others, do you find the same stereotyping in your religious group? For example some Christians do not allow gays in their church, which I totally disagree with. Some fanatics protest soldier’s funerals, etc, etc. Do you feel that your religion is stereotyped in this way?

September 25th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Wow, its hard cuz I dont consider my beliefs a religious group...kwim?

I would answer like this at least for the last few questions(the first question I havent a clue).

*My concerns would be that those who believe like me or similar to me will never be understood. That those of different faiths will not take the time to understand where we come from in our beliefs.
My hope is simply that I will always feel at peace with my spiritual journey and that I hope to always have an open mind when it comes to others journeys as well. My hope is that this tolerance so many speak of, but never truly show, becomes a reality so we can all understand and respect one another without the need to moan and groan or "behind the back" tease or torment.

*My experience of life and my spiritualness now is different from that of most Christians I know(note I didnt say all) because Im out of the pretty box and I see the bigger picture. I see with my heart and my head and my soul not just the teachings of my churches heart and head. My world view is bigger and more open and accepting then it was as a Christian and bigger and more open than the majority of the Christians I know.

*I think Christians always feel judged or stereotyped but they do it to themselves. Having lived a very Christian life and then stepped away I can see how we self persecute ourselves.
However, I also think every belief system out there feels persecuted or misunderstood/misrepresented, etc at some point its just that they dont all moan and groan about it like some do.

Hope that helps and if you think it sounds too mean then feel free to skip me LOL.
mindy scott likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I think it sounds great !

September 26th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I'm not answering in regards to Paganism in general, I'm answering according to MY specific beliefs, hope that helps

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a member of your religious group?
Not a group, but a way of life for me. The advantages are that I'm happy. Life makes sense. I feel like I really KNOW the Divine/God etc..

That it's more wide spread and accepted. It's a peaceful way of life.

How do you think your religion or experience of life has made their world view different than that of a Christian or other religions?
I don't follow a book, I don't have "rules", it's much more freeing than (IMO) than having a bible and doing things b/c some books says you have to do ____ or feel _____ way or have ___ beliefs. My major belief is all about love. If it's loving, do it, if it's not, forget about it. (I think I answered the question right?)

I feel that as a Christian we are misunderstood, and at times stereotyped as either fanatics or judgmental of others, do you find the same stereotyping in your religious group?
Seriously? Dontcha know? We're devil worshiping evil baby eating demons

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

September 26th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
I feel that as a Christian we are misunderstood, and at times stereotyped as either fanatics or judgmental of others, do you find the same stereotyping in your religious group?
Seriously? Dontcha know? We're devil worshiping evil baby eating demons

September 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Advantages - I find it brings me peace to live "in season" which Paganism promotes. Also, 8 main festivals per year.
Disadvantages - none as far as I'm concerned. Maybe people thinking you're whacky.

Concerns - That it is still fairly marginalised, and people are not educated about it.
Hopes - It would be good if it was at least mentioned at some point during the RE curriculum in school.

A lot of different religions have influenced me, including Christianity, so I can't really answer this question on Paganism only.

I feel that as a Christian we are misunderstood, and at times stereotyped as either fanatics or judgmental of others, do you find the same stereotyping in your religious group? For example some Christians do not allow gays in their church, which I totally disagree with. Some fanatics protest soldier’s funerals, etc, etc. Do you feel that your religion is stereotyped in this way?
People who think we're evil and sinister because we read oracle cards and do spellcasting stereotype Pagans, yes. If they did even just a little research they'd probably realise that the tools we use, we use for the highest good. Mostly.
mindy scott likes this.

September 28th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Thank you All for your help !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search