It just does not make sense (vent)

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 3 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 01:47 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
That my "religion" is so frowned upon. When will it be ok for me to believe in this earth and not be so judged? I feel like that will never happen.

My neighbor is this really nice older woman, easily in her late 50's, possibly her early 60's. Every time DH and I take Drake out for a walk and she is outside she talks to him, makes him laugh, etc. Well I was walking to the mailbox by myself and she comes up to me and says "One day I would like for you to go to church with me." And whenever the word "church" is used I just cringe because I never know what to say because I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings. And I just smiled. She then said to me "What church do you go to?" I politely said "I do not attend church." She just stared blank at me and then said "Well you HAVE to attend church for that baby. What are you teaching him by not going? He NEEDS God."

I told her that I am Pagan and my beliefs are not "accepted" in a church. I also said that my "church" is outside and that is why I am always outside.

This happened 2 months ago. And the reason I am talking about it now is because it kinda bugs me. Simply because she has never spoken to me again.

Why is it that my "religion" is so like "OMG THATS AWFUL!" meanwhile a, lets say, a Christian has a more "controlling" religion then I do yet they are looked so highly upon?

I am by NO means dissing anyone's religion but to me I feel like my beliefs make more sense because I can touch, feel, smell, taste and love what I believe in and I do not get told I will go to he** if I do not believe.

I hate that sometimes I feel like an outsider. Not that I am trying to fit in, but don't look down on me because we are not on the same page.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

October 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
I don't want to talk bad about religion cuz to each his own but Christians are sheep who believe only what they are taught. Some aren't like that but the holy rollers are bad about it. I choose not to share my beliefs with alot of people its slowly coming out. The people closest to me know . next time you see her turn the tables and talk to her about joining a ritual with you or just educate her on how we are not evil or bad and neither is our beliefs. So many people are misguided about Paganism/Wicca its so sad. If peolpe would look into it they would see how beautiful and peaceful it is.

October 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I hear ya.

Im in the midst of my former religions state and its been interesting to see it all from a new, more open perspective.

Thankfully noone has really asked me much but I dread that day.

Wish I had an answer other than keep being your lovely self and one day those who stand in judgment will be standing in front of their own judge hearing how some of the things they did werent all that great.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
October 6th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
And sometimes you have to let things like this go and move on. Holding onto anger, sadness, or anything like that.. doesn't help you, it hinders you. Forgive the person and just move on.
October 7th, 2012, 01:17 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
Thank you ladies. I am not mad, I am just like "um...ok....?"

I agree. Christians are sheep. That is how I feel. They all follow each other and do not really think for themselves. (my opinion)

It IS sad that my beliefs are so frowned upon. I got this "whatever" attitude now.
mindy scott likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

October 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I completely agree with you.. it *is* sad that all faiths can't seem to coexist peacefully. Very disappointing. Hopefully, that will all change... very soon.
October 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Breathe in, breathe out. Whatever they think of your and your religion is their karma, not yours ♥
Niamh ૐ, Mystic and Mitra Shonu like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

October 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I agree. I'm fighting my x's mom for custody of DS & absolutely terrified religion will be brought up in court (because of the state she lives in). Its not fair that I should even have to worry about it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search