My Samhain 2012 xposted *pics*

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I didn't get too much done in the way of spiritual work in between looking after the little ones, to be honest, but that was to be expected this year. I didn't get chance to do any extra prayers, any meditation or even thinking much about my dad and passed relatives while I lit the candles. But the intention was there!

There were jobs to be done in the day re my old car because the guy was coming to pick it up for scrap that day, and the online shopping was also arriving. So there were mundane tasks to clear as well. It was an absolutely mad, mad day. Funnily enough, since Samhain things have become much calmer!

I finally managed to start pumpkin carving around 1pm! Daniel comes up with the ideas for our pumpkins, and I make them reality. His "space" pumpkin was long since binned due to mould, so we didn't carve word pumpkins. He wanted pumpkins with patterns and shapes, and between us we decided on a stripy one a la zebra and one with random shapes and squares a la giraffe, since we both love animals. The owl is my PR mascot, by the way.

I then decorated the windowsill with the pumpkins and all the bits and bobs I've collected over the years.

I bought some Hallowe'en goblets this year as I admired them last year in the pound shop and this year they were 3 for £2. I wanted to wash them before use, and look what happened to the black one! A perfect bubble right on top. I just thought it was cool so I photographed it. Whether it was a sign or not I don't know but I drank my wine out of it that night.

Then it was time to get the kids ready for trick-or-treat. Daniel in his skeleton suit and Michaela in her "My First Hallowe'en" vest and bib.

I had my mum take some pictures of me and my babies, but I looked horrible on ALL of them. This is about the best, so you'll see what I mean. She is such a bad photographer.

Trick-or-treat took 2 attempts because the first time we went out, no-one was answering the door. Michaela ended up not coming because she started to get very fussy about her gums. I set up my pumpkinseed spell in between which I posted about, I didn't get round to taking pictures of it this year, but I imagined golden rain falling on our household and said the chant while lighting the candles. We had takeaway pizza in between as well. On the second attempt a couple of people answered the door and gave Daniel some treats, and I had some special chocolates for him and also gave him some change for his money box. He took great delight in answering the door in his skeleton suit and shouting "treat!" at people while we handed out sweets and balloons.

Here is our window display. It does include candles lit in honour of my dad and other passed relatives, but I didn't get much time to sit and remember them or say a prayer or anything like that, sadly.

Finally, after Daniel had gone to bed and Shaun took over for the night with Michaela, I went up to the bedroom and made my witch's ladder. Here are the ribbons and motifs I got from the market the previous week.

The white floral ribbon represents marriage. The blue sparkly ribbon represents money luck and abundance. The pink/green ribbon represents health and healing. Then there is a motif for each: heart for marriage, flower (growth) for abundance, and dragonfly for healing.

I plaited the ribbons while repeatedly affirming for all of the above, and said "so mote it be" when I tied up the end. I tied it up like an infinity sign. I still want to get a horseshoe charm to attach to the end of it, but I couldn't find one in time. I think what I may do this year is add a charm each Sabbat throughout the year as appropriate to strengthen and amplify the magick, and keep it fluid.

I added the motifs to the end. Michaela had a first teether that split and I had to throw it away (too soft), but I kept the ribbon and clip that came with it, and attached it to the top of the ladder to make it easier to hang up. It also is a nod to the universe really in thanks for bringing Michaela to me. This was one of the wishes on last year's ladder.

This is the full finished ladder.

I then hung it in my window in place of last year's. I took last year's down and circled it round my Mabon offering jar in the back bedroom as a sort of offering and thank you to the universe for bringing all those wishes to pass from last Samhain: my healthy baby girl, taking my relationship to the next level (Shaun moved in with me this year as well as us having a baby together), and bringing an ideal job my way (the job I had in the summer term which brought me confidence, money, and a good solid reference and recent experience for future applications). It's now in my jewellery bowl. I need to get a box to keep previous magical items in once the magick is done, but want to get something special, not just the first thing I see.

I think what I have learned this Samhain is that magick is an organic process: it doesn't really matter if it doesn't go to plan. There is probably a reason for that anyway. It doesn't all have to be perfect. It's a work in progress. I'm a work in progress. And that's a good state of being: it means I'm not resting on my laurels, but ever striving to be the best that I can be, and create the best life I can create for me and my family.

Thanks if you read this far and blessings of the season everyone!!

November 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
How lovely!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search