Off Topic/Random Question...

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MidnightMaiden

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 07:30 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
So I don't know how many of you ladies are movie buffs... But I'm a huge one right here!

I especially love me a good horror film! Or action, sci/fi, car chasing (I lovvved Transformes )

Have you heard about the movie Sinister? It's a movie that says it's based around a Pagan God Bagul, who like... Eats children?!

I googled Bagul, because I was curious, and I don't see a single actual fact on him, and all I can find is people admitting he was made up... But why Pagan?

Does this sort of stuff make you worry about how people view Pagans? How much of a huge misconception there already is, this can't possibly help. I'd like to say that most people would realize it's a movie... But in today's society... I can't help but shake my head a little.

Anyways... Thoughts?

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We love scary or adventure movies around here....

Heard of that movie but didnt know much about it.
I dont really care how Hollywood portrays Pagans cuz I know reality as do the others out there.
Im of the belief that no matter what others wont care whether we shout truth from the Empire State Building they've already made up their mind about what we do and dont believe.

Have you seen or heard about the movie, The Possession?? Came out a few months ago with Kyra Sedgewick and Jeffery Dean Morgan. I soooo wanted to see it but now I must wait til like January when it comes out in DVD/Blu-Ray. Its about a box filled with a Jewish demon which I thought was a nice change of pace.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 7th, 2012, 11:53 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Ohhh!!! I actually saw that in theaters!!

It was a good movie, it wasn't that scary or anything, but they actually did a good job with the story line for once. I've been super disappointed in scary movies as of late.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 8th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Thats because they use too much of the same old stuff over and over and it gets dull LOL.

I mean you do have to kinda have similar plot lines and such, to a degree, cuz there is only so much spooky to do but you can certainly add twists and turns and such to freshen it up and make it more original.

I love Japanese horror stuff...creepy!

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 9th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I used to get really mad when I'd see things like this at the beginning of my pagan path. Now I realize that there are TONS of things always being incorrectly portrayed for the sake of TV/ratings etc...

People are going to believe what they want. I don't care if they think incorrectly about something, that just shows their ignorance. If I want to know something I'll do some research, that just makes me smarter. My knowledge vs their knowledge doesn't affect anything in my life so I'm good to go LOL!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search