Ask Me...Deer Woman~Layce!

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitra Shonu
  • 2 Post By Mitra Shonu

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Your up hun!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st questions....
Favorite meal to fix your family?
If you could paint the sky any color, other than blue, what would you choose and why?

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~

Last edited by Amaranth Dhanya; November 9th, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
November 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
1st questions....
Favorite meal to fix your family?
If you could paint the sky any color, other than blue, what would you choose and why?

My family loves it when I bake chicken (I can't stand it...I hate touching it, smelling it, trying to eat it...bleh)...but apparently I am an awesome chicken baker...with the works...real mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, garden salad....(the sides I love..just can't stand the chicken...*shiver*)

Probably Purple/Indigo with a few light grey clouds dotted here and there.....I've seen some pics with skies that color...it's so peaceful, and restful, and majestic...just totally serene...love it.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

November 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Share your most spiritual experience to date.

November 9th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Share your most spiritual experience to date.
I think it would have to be either my September 11, 2011 self dedication evening, or my first full moon celebration with my cousin's mil when she gave me my name...

November 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what makes you the happiest?

what makes you sad?

If you could help one charity, what would it be?

November 10th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *PurpleMidnight* View Post
what makes you the happiest?

what makes you sad?

If you could help one charity, what would it be?

Happiest = hmmm...when my family is happy, laughing, having a good time together, but on a selfish note...having an afternoon/evening all to myself...with several different possibilities to choose from...window shopping, uninterrupted reading, listening to music, watching a movie,maybe a girls night out...

Sad = when someone I love is hurt (either physically, emotionally, or spiritually) and I can't fix it...

Charity = This is a very hard question for me...to choose just one...probably DVA...

November 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
If you could go anywhere and take only two people, where would you go, who would you take, and why?
November 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhug_nar View Post
If you could go anywhere and take only two people, where would you go, who would you take, and why?
...Ireland, You, and Niamh.... = History, Myths, Pubs = Good time had by all!
lhug_nar likes this.

November 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What calms your "soul"?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you?

beach, lake, waterfall or river?

November 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *PurpleMidnight* View Post
What calms your "soul"?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you?

beach, lake, waterfall or river?

Calms my soul = A walk in the woods...

Live anywhere = I guess my answer would be a cottage in the mountains in Tennessee by a lake...I've never been to Tenn. (in this lifetime), but I feel a huge pull to spend my golden years there...I've just about convinced my dh that we will be retiring there.... (and also convinced him to take one of our summer vacays there to travel the state and find the place we're supposed to be!)

BUT...I'd also like to have a little place in Ireland or Great Britain...kind of centralized where I could take day or weekend trips all over the place and visit castles and graveyards, and find ancestral locales, and just wander all over the place...yeah..that would be awesome.

November 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Tell us something we don't know about you.

Leslie

November 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Favorite spiritual website.
Favorite fun/non-spiritual website.

November 11th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRW View Post
Tell us something we don't know about you.

Leslie
Hmmm...I'm a whack-a-doodle, crazy, fun, love to laugh, kind of person...I like sarcastic wit, I'm not a Grammar fanatic, but I do appreciate being able to read things in social media that I don't need a decoder ring for, or that give me a migraine trying to figure out what someone is trying to say...I'm expanding my sophisticated tastes by "sampling" different kinds of wines on a semi-frequent basis......

On some levels, I am an innocent...I've never done illegal drugs, or seen the inside of an adult toy store , I cannot go into a restaurant, even a fast food one, and sit down to a meal by myself, or a movie theater either....the thought of going back to school scares the bejeebies out of me, but I'd still like to do it, just to say that I finished something I started...

On other levels, I am experienced, have lived a little, kicked up my heels, and have had some fun along the way ~ My family is my own little rainbow coalition with Native American, African American, Jewish, Eastern and Western European and Russian ancestry.

I am terrified of heights, but tandem skydiving is on my bucket list of things to do before I die. I like to read, do puzzle games, crochet, write sometimes, laugh at my kids because they all are a hoot, say random wacky things to my dh for the shock value because he has no sense of humor whatsoever (I can be "meanish" that way I guess, but it IS FUN!!).

Oh, and my 2nd and 3rd toes on my feet are partially webbed together (it runs in the family), and I have horrible, awful spaces between my teeth (that's also a lovely gift from genetics). I'm Reuben-esque, fluffy, voluptuous and happy with my life journey so far.

That's probably a little bit (hahaha) more than you asked for, but I also sometimes get diarrhea of the mouth and tend to go on a bit more than I should...hehehe
MidnightMaiden and TreeTog like this.

November 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Favorite spiritual website.
Favorite fun/non-spiritual website.

Spiritual ~ This is easy...here...this is where I learn, interact, and connect...I do visit other sites like What's your sign.com, or Luna's Grimoire, but PL on JM is my favorite.

Fun~Non spiritual ~ Cakewrecks.com, FB, DYAC, Amazon, Etsy,....I know there's more, just can't think of them right now...

November 13th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Tell us the story of how you became Deer Woman.

What inspired the nickname Layce?

What has been your most successful magical working?

What is your favourite Sabbat and why?

November 13th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Whats the most interesting event in your life that when you look back has a new meaning...that you see the broader lesson it was trying to teach ya.

November 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
What are your pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures? (ie. A certain TV show or what have you).

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life... What would it be?

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 17th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late with these, but here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
Tell us the story of how you became Deer Woman.

What has been your most successful magical working?

What is your favourite Sabbat and why?

Story of Deer Woman: (Partially copied from a previous post 12/12/11)

While I was helping prepare the Kiva for the (first full moon ceremony ), out of the blue, Star (my cousin's mil who is a Magi level Shaman/Leader of the Coven)(who I've never met before Saturday, and doesn't know anything about me) asked me if she could call me "Missy". (My name is Melissa, and that's how my cousin introduced me.) Well, it caught me off guard, and I couldn't stop my reaction every time someone wants to/tries to call me that...I dislike it immensely....the name Missy reminds me of a spoiled little, Shirley Temple looking, brat of a girly-girl...which is soooooooo not me...I was not a girly girl....I hung out with my brother and his friends; trucks, cars, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians....you know...anyway, I guess my face screwed up when she asked me because she immediately took the request back....I offered her my other nick-names that I have gone by....Lisa, Lissa, people call me Michelle when they forget, and I've answered to it , Layce....well, Star didn't like any of those....she closed her eyes, and when she opened them a couple of seconds later, she said, "I am going to call you Deer Woman". You could have knocked me over with a feather! The energy flowing into me when she said that...the vision I had previously where I saw the doe, and the Triskele....the deer I saw and took pictures of when I went on vacation with my mom (a doe and her fawn),.....a lot of deer in my life....HELLO!

Well, after deciding that I belonged on this path, I thought I should have a special name, and I had read somewhere that you should ask the Goddess to help reveal the name you are supposed to have, and to be patient and look for signs that will reveal itself to you...I did that...and made sure to pay attention to the little things....on the third day after asking, I was at work, and I noticed that my Right shoelace KEPT COMING UNTIED!!! Repeatedly, and often, even with double knotting...now, these shoelaces were those nice, flat, pliable, pretty much stay tied the whole day kind of laces, you know? So I was pretty bugged about it and right at the time I started to say something negative about having to REPEATEDLY bend over and tie my flipping shoe again, I suddenly stopped...and you could have knocked me over with a feather...I knew that my name had to be Lace somehow, so I started playing around with variations and spellings, and when I wrote down LAYCE, it just looked and felt right to me...so, I kept it.

My most successful magical working:

Hmm...I would have to say it was the cleansing/energy work I intuitively did (as I didn't follow any specifics at all...just let go of my own control and gave it to the Goddess) right before I did my self dedication on 9/11/11...I was in the bath, and relaxing, and meditating, and I could feel energy flowing through and around me, and Goddess was with me, guiding my movement and thoughts...pretty incredible and amazing...

Favorite Sabbat and Why?

Definitely Mabon because that is when I was "re-born", or "awakened" to my path...I feel more connected to Mother Earth, and my spirituality intensifies significantly during that time...

November 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Whats the most interesting event in your life that when you look back has a new meaning...that you see the broader lesson it was trying to teach ya.

Oh, man....This is shameful....I really should have SOMETHING come to mind...I mean, I'm 43, and have had a pretty full life, so far...but honestly, I can't think of anything (today at least) to answer your question...

I mean I know of little things, like when I decided that I was going to stop being used as a doormat by men, and just focus on me...that I was worth something...but I don't think that fits the criteria of your question, specifically...as it wasn't really an event, and I knew what it meant at the time....hmmmm, I'll have to explore my brain on this and hopefully get back to you on it!

November 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
What are your pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures? (ie. A certain TV show or what have you).

Pet peeves:

1. Old geezers driving sports cars slower than the posted limit, 2. Men in business suits and loafers riding motorcycles, 3. Passive/aggressive snide comments at me (be direct! I can handle it!) 4. Not even attempting to write/spell/speak in a coherent manner...I can forgive some mistakes, but ghetto speaking/spelling/texting abbreviations in everyday conversation bugs the **** out of me...and gives me a headache trying to decipher what the hell is trying to be said!!!

Guilty pleasures:

Any amount of time completely ALONE!, wine just because, computer time, Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, Bones, NCIS, Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, peanut butter and chocolate, a hot bath by candle-light, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Bruno Mars, Celtic Thunder men, and (now...don't laugh at me!!!) Howie Mandel...

New Mexican Red Chile Cheese Enchiladas with extra onions, Beef Tacos, Chile Rellenos, Posole, Carne Adovada, Flour Tortillas, Guacamole, Tamales, Pinto Beans, Spanish Rice, and Sopapillas with Honey. Oh, and definitely Margaritas (on the rocks, not frozen) (I'd die of food happiness and heartburn/acid reflux)!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search