Intro'ing myself

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By darkbookworm
  • 1 Post By lhug_nar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran
Hello ladies, I just found this group today, and wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

*wave*

I completed the pagan roll call thread, but I will do the same here so people don't have to go hunting for it unless they want to.

I am 27, mom to 2 girls ages 8 and 2, and baby #3 is on the way on 1/18/13 (also a girl). I am married to the love of my life, and we are both huge geeks, and also Pagans, so we get to talk about many different things. I have been studying Paganism and Witchcraft since I was 18, and have settled (for now) on Kitchen/Hearth Witchcraft as the path that calls to me most.

I enjoy cooking, creating all sorts of Pagan-y crafts, gardening, crocheting, making prayer beads, wood burning, reading, writing, and listening to music. My favorite Pagan authors are Ellen Dugan, Bronwynn Forrest Torgerson, Scott Cunningham, Galina Kraskova, Brian Froud's Faeries Oracle deck, and a few others I am forgetting due to pregnancy brain.

Anyhow, hello everyone, looking forward to meeting a new group of Pagan moms, they seem to be very scarce in my neighborhood at the moment.
Niamh ૐ and Earthy.Mama like this.
November 11th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Hello, and welcome!

I'm Melissa, married to dh for 15 years, and we have four in our brood...Nick(23), Jared (16), Sarah (9), and Mitchell..(almost 5)...

I am in my 2nd year of exploring, studying, learning, practicing paganism...so...still very much a newbie...

Nice to meet you...jump right in...the ladies here are amazing!

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

November 11th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Welcome aboard, jump on in!!!!

Im Hillarie, mama to 3 boys(ages 8, 6, and nearly 5) and married to my sweet Dan.
Im a sahm and caregiver to my hubby by trade.

Our home is eclectic mostly a mix of, what I call General, Paganism and Wicca. Personally, Im drawn to Hinduism and have been studying it some and they are my pantheon of choice. We've been practicing and learning since Feb. 2007 basically.
So newbies to some, not so new to others but its a path that we love and firmly believe in.

Im glad you are here, any questions give us a holler the ladies are great here and Im the host so if there is something in particular I can do for you just PM me or let me know in a thread.

BB
November 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Veteran
Thank you both for the warm welcomes , it is wonderful to find such a great and open group. I will be sure to PM either of you, or comment in threads, I love talking about studies, beliefs, deities, and other magical stuff.
November 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Welcome!

November 11th, 2012, 07:20 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Hello and Welcome!

I like Kitchen Witchery also.

I have 2 boys.

Leslie

November 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
Welcome!

November 12th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Welcome! I'm Jackie (26), married to Josh (29) and we have two little girls born on Sabbats no less! We're going to TTC in Jan, here's hoping we have another possible Sabbat baby, how awesome would that be?!

We are a pagan family, into all things green/self-sustainable etc.. We're working on a homestead and building an eco home next year.

I've been Pagan since I was 17, I follow the Green/Kitchen and Hedge paths so keep it simple and I just say Witchcraft LOL. My "thing" is doing Tarot, and I also read oracle cards and do dream interpretations.

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

November 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Veteran
I agree with you on keeping it simple. I mostly call myself a Witch, and then explain if needed. Nice to meet everyone, I am so excited to be in this group. I love how we are all moms, and Witches too. It's awesome.

I mostly work with only one Oracle deck, every Tarot deck I have tried using just doesn't work for me. Is anyone else familiar with the Faeries Oracle deck by Brian Froud and Jessica Macbeth? I love it, the artwork is amazing. If anyone wants, I can post pics of my cards or Rune set, I don't mind sharing.

Earthy Mama: TTC in January? Oh wow, congrats to you and your husband, I send healthy baby dust your way , I think it would be pretty cool if you had another Sabbat baby, depending on when you conceive, you might have a Mabon or Sahmain baby.

LDRW: Two boys? I bet your house is always busy, I know with our girls it is always crazy. My DH and I joke that we wouldn't know what to do with boys, since this baby makes 5 girls in total. He is severely outnumbered, but he doesn't mind.

Niamh: Thank you for the welcome

Ginny: Thank you for the welcome, this group is so warm and welcoming.
November 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 12th, 2012, 10:14 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Ohhh Hi!!!

It's always exciting to see a new face on the board!!

I am Natasha, mother to my 3.5 year old daughter, Nevaeh. Currently separated, but you never know what could happen right?

I'm new... I only discovered how happy I am with Paganism last year, so I'm the ultimate newb I'm eclectic, still discovering, and not sure I want to label myself actually I do Oracle Cards and have had some super positive feedback I'm starting to dabble in Tarot cards, but am not 100% comfortable yet.

This board is amazing and the support is awesome. So nice to talk to people who have the same beliefs as you! I live in Canada, and where I live is a very Christian city, and it's super hard. I've only met one other person who "gets" me, and it's my dad's fiance.

But welcome!! Hope you enjoy, and don't be shy, all the ladies here are amazing

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 13th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Welcome!!

I'm Sharron, 37, from the UK. I'm pretty eclectic, with some influence from Wicca, Druidism and Shamanism not to mention other religions, essentially a bit of a magpie lol. I'm also a solitary hedgewitch and work extensively with angels which I post more about on Spiritual Living. Mum to Daniel aged 6, and Michaela aged nearly 12 weeks.

November 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
hi, im bella, mommy to twin 9 year old boys. im aorund and about usually welcome and merry meet

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

November 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Welcome! I'm Tiff (29), married to Jason (34), mom to Robbie (9), Bryce (5), and Merrick (2.5). We are expecting June/July-ish (I say that because I ALWAYS go overdue by about a week!) I'm usually a solitary witch. Jackie can tell you though when her, I and a couple other ladies from here get together it brings some interesting results!

Merry Meet!
Mitra Shonu likes this.
November 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhug_nar View Post
Welcome! I'm Tiff (29), married to Jason (34), mom to Robbie (9), Bryce (5), and Merrick (2.5). We are expecting June/July-ish (I say that because I ALWAYS go overdue by about a week!) I'm usually a solitary witch. Jackie can tell you though when her, I and a couple other ladies from here get together it brings some interesting results!

Merry Meet!
Um,...did I miss an announcement somewhere?!?!?! Congrats to you and your family...can't wait to meet the newest member of "our family"!

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

November 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Veteran
Sorry I didn't respond right away, thanks to everyone for such wonderful welcomes. Things have been crazy at my house, so I haven't had 2 seconds to post anything until now.

*wave*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search