Daily Practices

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 4 Post By darkbookworm
  • 2 Post By Mitra Shonu
  • 1 Post By darkbookworm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran
I know many of us here are very busy with Mommy duties and life, so my question is how do you keep your faith and spiritual side fed?

I have struggled with finding something I can do every day to feel closer to my Gods, and keep from feeling lost or empty. I made myself a prayer bead set, but finding time to use them has proven to be a challenge, especially since my younger DD (who is 2) wants to wear them, cuddle them, and carry them around.

Here is a picture I posted on DeviantArt of my prayer/meditation beads:
Darkbookworm26's deviantART Gallery

So sound off in the comments and replies, I am curious to know how other moms do the "Witchy" stuff daily, or if you find other ways to practice and feel fulfilled.
November 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Mostly internal chat with the Divine, several times a day.
And my daily doses of being here and another group I adore.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Affirmations, positive thinking, coming here on JM and I have a lot of spiritual newsfeeds on FB that help

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I look at my Vision Board through out the day. I talk to the Goddess at night right before I go to bed.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

November 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I pray every day, and that's about all I do every day, other than coming here and the Spiritual Living group to bounce ideas around. I too have spiritual pages I get newsfeeds from on FB to get a bit of inspiration daily. But I have also learned to find spirituality in loving my babies and taking them out and about in nature. The actual ritual magick I tend to plan for some time and do approaching and on the Sabbats.

November 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Veteran
These are all great, I guess part of me misses the prayers and such from when I was raised as a Christian, and I never really knew how to adapt it to being a Pagan. I have tried praying here and there, but felt self-conscious so I didn't continue. I guess I forgot that praying isn't just for one faith, but for all.

I have tried taking a few minutes here and there and quieting my mind, either while crocheting, or in the shower, or at night after everyone is sleeping.

Crocheting seems to be the easiest time to center myself, and work knot magic as I go.
November 17th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbookworm View Post
These are all great, I guess part of me misses the prayers and such from when I was raised as a Christian, and I never really knew how to adapt it to being a Pagan. I have tried praying here and there, but felt self-conscious so I didn't continue. I guess I forgot that praying isn't just for one faith, but for all.

I have tried taking a few minutes here and there and quieting my mind, either while crocheting, or in the shower, or at night after everyone is sleeping.

Crocheting seems to be the easiest time to center myself, and work knot magic as I go.
Crocheting and any type of craft that keeps your hands busy in a repetitive type of motion is very relaxing and puts people in a meditative state. I tried crocheting, or knitting... can't remember the difference and I just couldn't figure it out LOL!!! Wish I could, might try again

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 17th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
Affirmations, positive thinking, coming here on JM and I have a lot of spiritual newsfeeds on FB that help

Mine are pretty similar...I also try to draw an oracle card daily, and spend a minute or two connecting with the things I have on my altar beside my bed...both when I get up, and when I get ready to go to bed...

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

November 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Veteran
These are all awesome, thank you ladies for sharing. I have found I go in cycles of being able to find time for more personal practices or devotionals, and then for awhile (sometimes months) I can't find a spare second. But being the mom of two (soon to be 3) little girls, I will take what I can get.

What would you say your favorite Oracle or Tarot deck is to use? I love my Faeries Oracle deck, but I recently stumbled onto a tarot deck for sale at K-Mart in the toy aisle, and had to get it. I looked it up online, and it is sold through a company that sells magic supplies (wands, coin tricks, etc.), the company is called Fantasma Toys, and the deck is the Mystical Tarot Cards by Wishcraft.

It is a Yule gift, so I am trying to be good and wait for it, but it is hard. *fidgets impatiently*
Mitra Shonu likes this.
November 17th, 2012, 05:30 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I like the artwork in my Fairy Ring Oracle, but I use the beginner teaching set I got when I was 18yo to do readings.

Leslie

November 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I like the Goddess Oracle, Celtic Oracle book , and Celtic Wisdom Oracle cards...but mostly I use the Goddess Oracle Cards...

November 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I love my Fairy and Mermaids deck It was my very first deck.
I have another deck I'm getting to know right now which has been pretty accurate for me. It's an Oracle Tarot deck that my dad's fiance gave me.

Unfortunately I don't take the time every day to pull a card or two out for me... But I think I should! I'm actually going to play with a deck that my dad's fiance let me borrow. It's a new deck by Doreen Virtue and Radleigh Valentine. It's an Angel Tarot deck. They're beautiful.

I take my time during my baths or showers though. This 6am start at work makes it hard to do anything in the morning.
But I lovvvve the idea of the altar beside my bed! If I could keep Nevaeh from playing with it

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 17th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post

But I lovvvve the idea of the altar beside my bed! If I could keep Nevaeh from playing with it

Yeah, I've been pretty adamant about my kids touching the stuff on my altar...I let them know from day one, when I put it together, that it's my special stuff, and they're not to touch it at all...of course they are 4, 9, and 16 so...they are old enough to keep away...I do let them look and ask questions, but touching is a definite no-no...

I can imagine that with your dd, it would be more tempting...maybe you can do a little shelf (or 2 or so) on the wall out of her reach in your bedroom? Just a thought, but it really helps me connect on a daily basis...and I spent an entire weekend making altar cloths for my table...to change with the seasons, and to help me change the "moods" with each Sabbat...

Tags
daily magic practice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search