Ask Me...Niamh!!

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 3 Post By Niamh ૐ
  • 2 Post By Niamh ૐ
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Niamh ૐ

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Your turn!!!

1st question....Whats your best spiritual advice for the new to the path or to those who have been on it a while but still need some advice???
Niamh ૐ likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
Your turn!!!

1st question....Whats your best spiritual advice for the new to the path or to those who have been on it a while but still need some advice???
Oh, wow, that's a tough question! Hmm, I guess this might sound generic and vague, but my honest "best" spiritual advice would be to stay true to yourself and don't force beliefs. If something doesn't ring true to you, don't force yourself to believe in it. Spirituality isn't something you can force.

November 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
And my traditional, non spiritual questions....

*Whats your favorite meal to make for your family.
*If the sky could be any color, except blue, what color would you choose and why?

November 26th, 2012, 05:16 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
My traditional question of: If you could take any two people anywhere in the world, where, who and why?
November 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
And my traditional, non spiritual questions....

*Whats your favorite meal to make for your family.
*If the sky could be any color, except blue, what color would you choose and why?
Sorry for the delay... I was out and about.

1.) My husband is the cook in our family... I joke that I can barely boil water, lol. My favorite meal that HE makes is mussels and pasta in a white wine sauce. We also have tofu jaipuri once a week and I LOVE it. We are big fans of Indian food in this house.

2.) I would say purple! Because it would be very pretty. That said, the Earth's sky actually *is* purple... Rayleigh scattering of sunlight is what causes the light of the sun to be broken into the colours of the rainbow, and then nitrogen in our atmosphere scatters blue and purple more than the other colours. The reason we mostly only see the blue is that our eyes are more sensitive to blue than purple.

Quote:
My traditional question of: If you could take any two people anywhere in the world, where, who and why?
That's hard to choose just two people! I guess I'd take Gwydd and Seamus to Ireland, Scotland, or India! I'd choose those two people because they'd appreciate it the most. My daughters are both too young to appreciate traveling.

Gwydd and I are actually planning 2 weeks in Ireland and Scotland for our 10 year anniversary.
lhug_nar and Amaranth Dhanya like this.

November 27th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How many more kids are you hoping for, and would you prefer a boy or girl?

What was the very first spell or ritual you ever cast, and how effective was it?

What are your favourite baby names that you HAVEN'T used on your babies?
Niamh ૐ likes this.

November 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
You would hit the same 3 countries Id go to if I could travel anywhere!!!! LOL

Ok....

If you had $100 to do with as you pleased what is one spiritual item or "treat" you'd give yourself?

November 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
How many more kids are you hoping for, and would you prefer a boy or girl?

What was the very first spell or ritual you ever cast, and how effective was it?

What are your favourite baby names that you HAVEN'T used on your babies?
1. We have always planned on four children (so one more to go! But not for a while, for sure). I don't care at all about gender. And that's an honest answer.

2. The very first spell I remember doing is a prosperity spell with my brother when I was 15 and he was 13. We did a spell to get $20 of spending money while we were visiting my dad, LOL. Crazy enough... it actually worked. While we were there, the combined total of money we received (combination of finding change on the floor and having my dad and other adults giving us a couple dollars here and there) equaled to EXACTLY $20. Not even joking! Such a silly spell, but it actually worked, haha.

Iain
Aengus
Fionnlagh
Conan
Deaglan

Fionnuala
Maeve/Meabh
Clodagh
Branwen
Deirdre

Quote:
If you had $100 to do with as you pleased what is one spiritual item or "treat" you'd give yourself?
Just one?!

Hmm... maybe a really cool handmade ouija board.

November 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
How do you share your path with your children?

Leslie

November 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRW View Post
How do you share your path with your children?

Leslie
Rhiannon and Brigit are both too young... all I do with them is basically live life. We do have a few children's spirituality books that we read to them. Rhiannon LOVES her "ABC Book of Shadows" book. She brings it with us to Taekwondo all the time.

Seamus and I do rituals together. Sabbats and Esbats. He also has spirituality as part of his "homework". He's read the Witches' Primer: Grade 1 (we are patiently waiting for Grade 2 to come out, hehe). It's certainly not something we force though. If he doesn't want to do ritual, we don't... if he wants to explore other paths, we will... etc. We mostly teach the "customs" of our spirituality and our family... but we don't tell him how to view or not view "god". We offer different stories and "some people believe blah blah blah, and other people believe yadda yadda."
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Favorite spiritual and favorite non-spiritual song?
Favorite musical group or artist?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search