Weekend Adventures

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nyzira
  • 1 Post By lhug_nar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Anyone off on a grand adventure for the weekend?

Boys have off Monday due to it being Martin Luther King day so we'll be hanging out. Not sure we'll do much.

I get to do laundry today and we may go to a few craft stores for stuff related to Dans new hobby of model jets. He used to do it as a child and now he's on a kick again about them.

We had to switch from laptop to PC which means the monitor is our tv. Therefore I may not be on as often as usual mostly at like 530a/6a LOL. I could probably get on a bit in the early afternoons when kids are gone and our youngest is napping but I dont like people watching over my shoulder and Id still have that going on with my "big boy" LOL. We shall see how it goes.

Please post your weekend fun here and forgive any typing mistakes I make. This wireless keyboard is fickle.

January 19th, 2013, 06:57 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
This weekend is pretty boring. I am just sitting at home.

Leslie

January 19th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I have my daughter this weekend so we're just going to chill out at home. I'm working on knitting a baby blanket and I have 9 days to get it done. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice today so I'll probably take Bella outside to ride her Power Wheels in the yard.

Exciting!
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

January 19th, 2013, 10:07 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
DH and I are going to see Lincoln at the movie theater tonight and have dinner... Just the two of us.

Tomorrow we're probably going to be hanging out around home.

Monday my boys have off too due to MLK day so I'm sure that I'll be breaking up fights quite a bit! I hate to say it but I'm looking forward to Tuesday when they go back to school.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Was Lincoln all the media has made it out to be??
January 20th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
This weekend has been mostly coughs, laryngitis, and rest for me and 2 of my littles...we all have the day off tomorrow, so hopefully the rest will help us be in tip top shape for Tuesday and the rest of the week...

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

January 20th, 2013, 02:41 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I liked it a lot. But I will say that unless you know the history of what was happening and the "cast of major characters" of when Lincoln was in office (U.S. Grant, R.E. Lee, some of the other more important people), it's easy to get lost in the story. It's almost a documentary really. I had to keep reminding myself that Daniel Day-Lewis had shot down the part of Lincoln 4 times and Speilberg had it rewritten until it told the more personal story, struggles, triumphs of Lincoln. DDL wouldn't agree to it because the first scripts weren't delving deep enough into Lincoln's life.

I will say, Speilberg doesn't disappoint and neither does DDL or Tommy Lee Jones... It's something I will buy when it comes out on BluRay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search