Kids and Belief

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 2 Post By Nyzira
  • 1 Post By Niamh ૐ

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Did you teach your kids your beliefs from the getgo or did you wait for them to start asking questions?
Do you teach them about other beliefs out there or figure they'll learn as they grow and you'll answer questions as they come up?
January 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
My kids ask questions because they see my cards, pendulum, crystals laying around. Kailey is more in tune with witchcraft b/c she has premonitions so I've had to talk to her about them.
Niamh ૐ and Amaranth Dhanya like this.

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

January 23rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
We've been raising Bella as a Pagan since birth. She's always gone to ritual, always partaken in cakes and ale, she pulls Tarot cards and sings Pagan children's songs. I also try to introduce her to other religions. A few weeks ago she went to her first Catholic mass and I was absolutely amazed at how well she behaved for her first time ever in a church! We, of course, didn't do communion since were not actually Catholic but I felt it was important for her to witness it.
Niamh ૐ and Amaranth Dhanya like this.

January 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hadnt decided how to handle this so Im waiting more for his interest to be piqued. He sees my cards, crystals, all that, just doesnt have any interest... I do plan to introduce other beliefs. I think its important to have a basic respect for other faiths.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I'm having a hard time with this because DH has insisted that the kids be taught Christianity since they've been old enough to go to Sunday School. Robbie is just starting to ask questions about my cards, crystals, especially about why I don't repeat the prayers and go to communion at church...

Now that Robbie's starting to ask questions, I'm going to start teaching the about other religions, especially Paganism.
January 23rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
We've raised them in and around Paganism since birth... Seamus (6) didn't start joining me in rituals until he was 4. I think we'll wait until Rhiannon (3) is 4 too before we have rituals together, same with Brigit (6mos). However, several local families and myself have decided to create a children's coven (called Faery Moon Children's Coven) and we'll be having our first meeting on Imbolc. While I'm not going to do rituals with my girls until they are 4, they are welcome in the group rituals we're having at Faery Moon.
Mitra Shonu likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We answer their quetions and talk about things here and there but we havent formally taught them certain things. We've told them what we believe and what some others believe.
We figure they'll come to their own conclusions. If they want to be in a ritual they will ask and its all good. If someday they want to go to church then fine.

I was born and riased in one particular way and I kinda want to avoid that as best as I can for them.
January 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids ask questions, but they have picked things up from school (christian) and I have explained those beliefs and mine too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search