Spiritual Spooks

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
If you were raised with a different belief system what was something that scared you about its teachings? Do you have the same fear now that you know better...like is it still buried deep within you somewhere or are you over it?

Does something about your current beliefs spook you but not to the point that you would leave it or have you found total peace within your path now?

And for the heck of it...what spiritual person/leader out there spooks the crud outta you and why?

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 26th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
When I was probably about 10 or 11 I started having these terrible reoccurring nightmares that quickly turned into night terrors. At the time I was being raised Christian and I remember becoming fanatically devoted to it because of the nightmares. I would pray 4 or 5 times a day and read the Bible front to back. I just *knew* the night terrors were the Devil trying to get to me because I had been a bad kid so I had to repent. I understand now that the night terrors were due to my PTSD from years of mental, physical and sexual abuse. But the fact that a child so young would have thoughts like the Devil was out to get her because she'd been bad is just wrong and it's sad that many churches encourage that sort of thought process. The fact that many Christians use fear to attempt to convert people is what scares me.

There's nothing that spooks me about my current path. I'm completely comfortable here.

As for a spiritual leader that spooks the crap out of me? Warren Jeffs and Fred Phelps, without question.

March 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
If you were raised with a different belief system what was something that scared you about its teachings? Do you have the same fear now that you know better...like is it still buried deep within you somewhere or are you over it?

I was raised that a Christian God existed, but I wasn't told how to worship him. I wasn't scared away from Christianity. It bothered me that people had no answers to why they were following things. I am not bothered by it anymore. I am concerned at how blindly people practice religion.

Does something about your current beliefs spook you but not to the point that you would leave it or have you found total peace within your path now?

I am at peace with where I am.

And for the heck of it...what spiritual person/leader out there spooks the crud outta you and why?

Nobody right now

Leslie

March 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
1. The guilt and fear of going to hell for not doing something right enough was always something from my Mormon days that scared me. It took me like 3 yrs to not be overcome with waves of guilt/worry after I left the Mormon church. It was a hard thing to get over so it took time but Im over it now.

2. Nothing really scares me about my current path except the occasional nutjob that gets posted or put on the news about LOL.

3. The Phelps group does spook me but so die hards who have this "my way or death for you" attitudes.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 26th, 2013, 08:11 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
If you were raised with a different belief system what was something that scared you about its teachings? Do you have the same fear now that you know better...like is it still buried deep within you somewhere or are you over it? I guess being raised in a Christian household, for me it was something about God being vengeful. Also the whole thing about "if you don't believe in me you're going to hell", you know the fire and brimstone crap. I don't have any fear of that stuff now but that's a major reason why Christianity isn't for me.

Does something about your current beliefs spook you but not to the point that you would leave it or have you found total peace within your path now? I'm very comfortable where I am right now. I'm really at peace with the path I'm walking.

And for the heck of it...what spiritual person/leader out there spooks the crud outta you and why? Jeffs and The Phelps group scare me but more than that, the people who have closed minds about others scare me the most.
March 27th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
When i was a teen a went to a baptist church. It was said that if i the people i loved would not get saved in time, that i would watch them burning in the fires of hell. i was freaked liked crazy. that was not theonly thing that scared me but i think it was the biggest. that and falling out of grace of the lord. FREAKED me out.

NOW - no. nothing within my path scares me. i feel at peace and loved.

who scares me? um well no one person specifically or independently. but some radicals.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

March 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was raised for the most part christian. but personally never believed in heaven or hell, even though my siblings did. I think having the spiritual encounters I did at a young age (6 or 7 I think) made me not really believe. when I was 14 my mother mover towards spirituality not so much christianity (she then died a year later from cancer).

I was "pagan/wiccan" at about 17-18 but looking back now I knew nothing as such. lol. my belief of there is more to life after death has been with me since my first experience at the young age (as above).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search