Thanking Those That Have Past...

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By XxAkikazexX
  • 1 Post By Bella Nyxe
  • 1 Post By Mitra Shonu
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 2 Post By lhug_nar
  • 2 Post By jennii85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Do you have a special ritual that you do when you want to thank someone who has passed?
Like if you feel they directly helped you somehow is there something special you do or have heard of doing to thank them.
XxAkikazexX likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 28th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I sit and think about them. I smile, I make sure I smile because there is nothing but positive memories. I look towards the sun or moon, time depending, thinking super hard. I rub my hands together, think one more time, touch the earth, and I usually end up crying in some way.
Mitra Shonu likes this.
April 28th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
iv never done any kind of ritual but im sure you could meditate and send love and light to their energy somehow. maybe leave out a plate of food in welcoe and thanks...kinda like on samhain? i will look into it further in a little bit.
XxAkikazexX likes this.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

April 29th, 2013, 06:10 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I've never done it but I might have to find a ritual.
April 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I don't do a ritual, but whenever I think about my brother or my grandparents, I always have a smile...just because the memories I have of them make me smile...well, my brother irritated me sometimes, but looking back...even those times make me smile.

Mostly I just say thank you...for everything they were/are to me. It helps to visit their resting place, though I'm usually with my mom when we go there (an hour away) so I don't really get alone time with them...just quick hellos and miss yous.

I think I connect more in my dreams...I've seen my brother in so many different scenarios that I know are not true (even while I'm dreaming them) but I am grateful nonetheless to "connect" with him during the dream, as I know I am dreaming when I see/talk to him. (Does that make sense?) I always wake up in a peaceful mode when I dream of him. It's so odd...on one hand, I wonder about the way he died, (especially the scenarios in my dreams, which are nothing like the reality) but on the other, I just feel peace..I tend to want to go with that...the peaceful feeling.

We talked once, about the afterlife and what we believe...I told him I think that our love ones who have passed have the ability to "communicate" with us (through smells, feelings, signs, etc.) and he told me the story of Houdini, and the pact that he had with his wife...that if there was any way...any way whatsoever,... to communicate/connect with their loved ones after death, he would let her know if he died before her (which he did), but she never received any "message" from him after he died...My brother thought that once you were gone...that's it. That way your loved ones can grieve and "get over it"...

I know I've wandered off topic, but I think this was an opportunity for me to face something I've needed to for a long time now...I'm sorry if it seems like I've turned this post into a personal one, instead of addressing the original topic...but I think that a huge "Thank You" is in order for the epiphany you've helped me reach...

I still think of you and Dan, and your children on a daily basis...and send you healing thoughts and prayers. I don't know your personal pain, as it was my brother, and not my husband, who passed, (and that was almost 2 years ago) but I still feel empathy, and want you to know that I pray for easement of the pain for your and your sons...
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

April 30th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Thanks Layce. No need to worry about taking over a thread...if it helps, it helps and thats whats important.

Ive been thanking Dan for a couple weeks now. I know he's providing for us from the other side. Things have just fallen into place, financially speaking, way easier than they ever have and I know its cuz of him.

I just felt like falling to my knees in thanks to him but did it silently in my heart instead. Didnt want the kids wondering what was wrong with me LOL.
Mitra Shonu likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I've thanked Dad silently the last few days... I thanked him Monday for not having to do Jury on Tues and Weds and I thanked him last night profusely for giving me the patience to deal with my mother as she's been here on a daily basis and I usually have a hard time dealing with her. I know after the baby comes I'll do something to thank both him and Grandma for delivering our baby safe and sound into our arms.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
I've set up an ancestor altar in our living room. I have framed pictures of dead relatives (never put pictures of living people on your ancestor altar!), white candles, religious symbols, flowers, distilled water in a glass, any offerings I want them to have, etc.
Whenever I want to connect to them, I light my candles and meditate in front of the altar or just talk to them directly. It's good to keep a connection with those that have passed to the other realm, they are still listening and want to stay connected.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search