Inter- religion/spirituality relationships.....

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By *PurpleMidnight*
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 05:07 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you or anyone you know have or have had a relationship with a SO that is of a different "religion/spirituality" than you?

How did it work out in the end?

What about friends.....do you find you differ in opinions other than that point?
do you ever argue about religious statings?
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

May 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Dan and I weren't on the same page really when we got together.
We ended up coming together so we were very compatible(not 100% though).

I have friends of various beliefs but we've never had serious debates or anything over differences. We have been open enough with each other to not let it bug us.
*PurpleMidnight* likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 29th, 2013, 02:26 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
DH and I are not on the same page with religion. It's perfectly fine between us though. He respects my opinions, I respect his, and we raise our children with open minds. We're very compatible together.

I have friends of all different religions. We've never had issues with this. I try my best to accept people for who they are not what religion or race or anything else that's different than me.
May 29th, 2013, 05:04 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My husband and I are on the same plane as far as religion goes. I can go to a Christian church and be okay. David dislikes Christian church and will not go at all. I have friends that are Jewish, Christian, and Pagan. We don't argue about religion.

Leslie

May 30th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Josh and I are both pagans. My friends are all pagan/spiritual. The few friends we have that are Christian are "sloppy" Christians so religion is never an issue. Josh's family on the other hand are crazily obsessed Christians. It's so incredibly annoying. They're so over the top with it that we can't even get offended by the stuff they say/do because it's so ridiculous!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

June 2nd, 2013, 03:39 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(

I like your term "sloppy" Christians. This is fitting for a lot of people I know

Kane is spiritual I would say, but open minded about everything. He enjoys going to church during the Christmas time, and I don't know have a problem with that. He's very respectful of what I believe in and supports it 100%.

My family is all Christian, but my mom is open minded enough to at least listen to what I have to say. My Grandma and I talk, and she's normally, for the most part, respectful. Never any fights so

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

July 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
This is actually a huge issue between my husband and I. It's very hard to deal with at times, but I am trying my best.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

July 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
dh and I are not on the same page at all. we just don't discuss it.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

July 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
DH was raised Southern Baptist, went to a Baptist university, became Atheist for a time and is now "Christian" where he believes in God but thinks organized religion distorts the message of God. I am "New Age," a little bit of Pagan, a little bit of general spirituality and a little bit of creating your own Universe through your thoughts and vibrations. I go to church with him on Christmas Eve, he reads tarot cards with me. When we have a child she will make her own decision on if and what religious path she may want to follow, with no influence from us.

My in-laws on the other hand...well let's just say we are less than a day's drive away and DH finds every opportunity to avoid seeing them. My MIL, knowing that at the time I was Agnostic, got me a BIBLE with my name on the front for DH's and mine first Christmas married, with a copy of Fireproof and The Love Dare. DH was not pleased.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search