Callings

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bella Nyxe
  • 1 Post By -LovingLife-

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2013, 01:37 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Have you every had an animal call on you?

I am being called by 3 strong birds, Raven, Hawk, and Owl. I see them everywhere.

Owl's Wisdom Includes:

Stealth
Secrecy
Silent and swift movement
Seeing behind masks
Keen sight
Messenger of secrets and omens
Shape-shifting
Link between the dark, unseen world and the world of light
Comfort with shadow self
Moon magick
Freedom

Eagle's Wisdom Includes:

Swiftness
Strength
Courage
Wisdom
Keen sight
Illumination of Spirit
Healing
Creation
Knowledge of magick
Ability to see hidden spiritual truths
Rising above the material to see the spiritual
Ability to see the overall pattern
Connection to spirit guides and teachers
Great power and balance
Dignity with grace
Ability to see the "big picture"
Connection with higher truths
Intuitive and creative spirit
Respect for the boundaries of the regions
Grace achieved through knowledge and hard work

Raven's Wisdom Includes:

Rebirth without fear
Ability to tear down what needs to be rebuilt
Renewal
Ability to find light in darkness
Courage of self-reflection
Introspection
Comfort with self
Honoring ancestors
Connection to the Crone
Divination
Change in consciousness
New occurrences
Eloquence

I have also looked up Goddesses and have gotten Morrigan, Freya, and Athena.

Leslie

August 31st, 2013, 03:35 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I've gotten snakes a lot in dreams.

I have been seeing more owls than usual but I mostly see crows and magpies, they are all over this area. And those crows came anytime come near lol.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
August 31st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I've been getting a lot...A LOT of hummingbirds recently:

The hummingbird generally symbolizes joy and playfulness, as well as adaptability. Additional symbolic meanings are:

Lightness of being, enjoyment of life
Being more present
Independence
Bringing playfulness and joy in your life
Lifting up negativity
Swiftness, ability to respond quickly
Resiliency, being able to travel great distances tirelessly

And always owls...and dragonflies...

I find it interesting that the animals that have been making themselves known to me are flight animals...and I am an Air element...maybe they know that that's what I'll notice more, or relate with more...

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

September 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
iv been seeing a lot of owls for a while now. im not sure if its because I adore them or if they mightg actually be my totum animal
Mitra Shonu likes this.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

September 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
I've had a few animals that have always stood out to me and would show up a lot in my life since I was a child. Animals like stag/deer, wolf/dog, cat, hawk, crow, owl, peacock, ect. Some I knew weren't life long "totems", like the gecko that came to me a couple weeks ago.

Anyhoo, earlier this year the bear came to me during a very casual meditation(I had only started and was just focusing on my breathing). I knew instantly that she was my life long "totem", or at least one of them.

Bear Spirit Animal Symbols:

Introspection, Solitude, Motherhood, Hibernation, Dream Time, Healing, Communication with Spirit, Thoughtfulness, Natural Strength, Intuition, and Territorial

•The primary meaning of the bear spirit animal is strength and confidence

•Standing against adversity; taking action and leadership

•The spirit of the the bear indicates it’s time for healing or using healing abilities to help self or others

•The bear medicine emphasizes the importance of solitude, quiet time, rest

•The spirit of the bear provides strong grounding forces

If you have bear as power animal, you will most probably be quieter during the winter months, which is similar to the bear hibernating during the winter. But in the spring you must awaken to seek whatever opportunities arise. Be fearless in standing up for what you believe in. You are also encouraged to use your abilities as a natural healer. Bear is linked to trees, considered to be natural antennas, joining the heavens and the Earth. Bear also has ties to the seven colour rays of the Universal Light, as well as Lunar associations, linking the conscious and subconscious mind.

Hibernating during the cold winter months, means bears know instinctively when the time is right and where to go. They also know when to wake back up. From this we can see it is good to know and realise that we sometimes need to be alone, to ponder and reflect, to examine our thoughts and emotions, where we are headed on our life journey. We need to trust and follow our instincts. Bear is active day and night, not like other animals, symbolising his connection with solar energy, strength and power, lunar energy and intuition. This enhances and teaches us how to develop these qualities within ourselves.

Bear medicine teaches us introspection, aiding us to digest our experiences and to discover that we have within ourselves the answers to all our questions. We all have bags of wisdom, if only we slow down and listen to what our intuition, our inner knowing voice is telling us. It is useful to be with yourself at times, so you can be yourself and are able to uncover your own answers to whatever challenge you are facing. On the other hand, just like Bear you need to know when to come out of 'hibernation' and to interact with others.

The female bear gives birth to the cubs while asleep. Due to this Bear is regarded as a symbol of the deepest inner wisdom, of the dreamtime and transformation. When giving ourselves over to sleep we become receptive to the Great Mother who nurtures us. As we delve deep into our identities and lose our egos, going back to our primal and elemental natures, we find we are part of Infinity and of All That Is/The Universe/One.

Winter symbolises darkness, death, and the inner world. Winter is a time of year which many humans fear. Much as they fear death. Yet an intrinsic part of the beauty of Bear, is its connection to the pattern of the stars during this season. The Druids associated the Pole Star of the constellation of the Great Bear, to King Arthur (whose name means Bear). During the Winter Solstice, the darkest night, the Pole Star guides us. Thus, when our world appears negative, dark and confused, when our physical senses and reason and logic seem to fail us, when it feels there is no path to follow, we go with-in to discover our deepest resources, and the light of inner knowing and intuition aids us in finding our way home.

Sometimes bears are over confident and to quick to act on their fiery anger. Although possessing perhaps just a trace of fear they can forget caution, an important characteristic to own. If bear is you guide try not to forget caution. If you are unaware, or even disregard your limits, this can have consequences you may not want! If Bear crosses your path, pay attention to how you think, act and interact. Use discernment in everything you do and say, discriminate with care. You are shown how to make decisions from a place of power.
Mitra Shonu likes this.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

September 13th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Black birds, owls, butterflies, hummingbirds this summer... some other animals. Depends on what lessons/guidance I need at that time.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search