New Moon - Black Moon

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TreeTog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
I have recently heard a new term Black Moon. Its the second New Moon within a calendar month. I didn't know there was a specified name for it, or I guess I just didn't think about it.

The New Moon is great for a new projects and such right? I am going to try to plant some herbs today.

Anyone doing anything?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

January 30th, 2014, 11:21 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Moon in Aquarius is the best time to work magick involving science, freedom, creative expression, problem-solving, extrasensory abilities, friendship, and the breaking of bad habits or unhealthy addictions. Healing rituals for ailments of the calves, ankles, or blood are also done at this time.

New Moon Magick

Sun and moon energies are combined in this phase to give strength to new projects. Therefore, now is a good time to begin things. It is also a time to give thanks for workings (both long term and short term)that have been successful. Workings done at the full and waning moons have most likely taken grip by now. Offerings of milk and honey, or water laced with fertilise for the plants outside (during the growing seasons), is appropriate. If in season of sleep, then set out food for the wild animals and faerie folk. Goddesses associated with the new moon are Diana, Astarte, Artemis, and (from my tradition) Ana.

Timing:The moon rises at dawn and sets at sunset. For the best use of this energy, magick should be performed between dawn and sunset. Working at night is perfectly acceptable as well, but to get maximum punch, choose the correct timing. Also check the planetary hours [coming soon!] for added power in your workings. This is a wonderful ime for workings where the Goddess and God are equal. Rituals focusing on the God are quite acceptable to perform in this phase.

Conjuring: New moon workings may be performed from the day of the New moon to about three to three and a half days after the New moon.The closer you are to the new moon, the better chance of success.

Your working should take manifest by the full moon or in one moon cycle (new moon to new moon.) If you are not successful the first time out, repeat the working. As the old saying goes, "if at first you do not succeed, try, try again."

Things to work for include:

Beauty, health, and self-improvement Farms and Gardens
Job Hunting
Love and Romance
Generally, any new endeavors or projects

* New Moon Magic *

New Moon workings can be done from the day of the new moon to three-and-a-half days after. The new moon is for starting new ventures, new beginnings. Also love and romance, health or job hunting.
myfavoriteshoes likes this.

February 9th, 2014, 04:42 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
No rituals or anything. What ended up doing was redesigning our garden, started building new planters, and planted some new plants in areas that I completed on the new moon. Fun stuff! thanks for that info Leslie!

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Tags
s a

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search