How is your BoS Organized?!?!

Forum: Pagan Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Pure Innocence
How is your BoS organized? I'm JUST starting mine, and at that nifty site I go to they had some great advice. So I have mine organized how I want it~~now I just need to plug in the info. I'm SO OCD about organization that I've never had one as I'd rewrite/type 1 page 5 different ways and I was never satisfied. This will help calm my OCD tendencies.....hopefully

*What Is & History
**What is Paganism
~ ~~history
~~~ misconceptions
~ ~~beliefs
~ ~~ Pagan Paths
**What is Wicca
~~~ history
~~~misconceptions
~~~beliefs
~~~Different Wiccan Paths
**What is Witchcraft
~~~History
~~~misconceptions
~~~beliefs
*Pantheons
*Terms
*Redes, Creeds, Principles, Laws
~~Wiccan Rede and it's meaning
~~13 principles of wicca
*Wheel of the Year
~~Sabbats
~~Esbats<----does this go here?
*Rituals

---
*Energy Clearing & Charging
*Elemental
*Astrological
*Reiki
*Divination
~~tarot
~~scrying
*Auras/Astral Projection/Psychic Bonds
---
*Days & Correspondence
*Colors & Magical Associations
*Gems, Crystals, Stones & Metal Correspondence
*Herbcraft
*Aromatherapy
*Incense
*Sachets
*Charms
*Candles

---
*Miscellaneous
~~Reflections
~~Visualizations & Meditation
~~Dreams
~~Magical Alphabet
~~Inspirational Quotes
~~Resources

---
Online Pagan Campus Notes & Lessons
March 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
irishxrose
Honestly, mine is all over the place. I do have the spells and rituals in one place though.
March 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
My BoS is in a box in the garage (we moved about two weeks ago)... when we get it out, I'll list the Table of Contents

March 27th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Pure Innocence
Do you and your family share a BoS? Or are they personal BoS?

I can't wait to see your contents
March 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't actually have one I've thought a lot about making one, but I never could decide how to organize it.

March 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Do you and your family share a BoS? Or are they personal BoS?

I can't wait to see your contents [/b]
Well I guess its a family BoS... though I started it before I met my husband, and he had his own BoS too, so I guess we just kind of considered them family BoS' when we got married. He's helped add to mine.

His is mainly filled with recipes for oils and incense and things like that, whereas mine is filled with rituals, so they were easy to merge.

March 27th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Pure Innocence
How nifty Niamh

Elena, a BoS can be as simple as your daily thoughts/meditations~~anything. A notebook of things you hear that make you feel better about yourself/others or the world in general.

Redifer made a post in the heated debates and I now have that in my BoS Inspiration part.
March 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
all willie-nillie....lol....but i am in the process of redoing everything in to two books so it can stay more organized.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
March 28th, 2007, 10:35 AM
ericahex's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had several BoS's over the past years and I stopped organizing them with the most recent set. I realized I was pretty obsessive about organizing them and often included information such as correspondence tables and rituals I never used. I was copying info down from my library quite a lot, which seemed rather silly since then I just have two copies of the same information. Especially since sometimes what I copied I didn't really end up using, like herbal info.

So I brought home two notebooks with a lovely etched design on their leather like covers. They are identical except that one is dark brown and one is lighter brown. The dark brown one is my journal, the light one is where I keep point form notes, quotes, tidbits, research, and ideas. While I still put bits and pieces of things I find in books in the light book, I just reference the original book and do short quotes or point-form notes, rather than copying huge amounts. I also only note information and quotes that I actually use and find interesting, not anything "for reference later". I keep a table of contents at the front of it to make it easy to use.
January 27th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I started one in an actual book and I don't feel drawn to writing in it, which I know is terrible. I think it's just down to practical reasons and the fact that I work full-time - writing long-hand takes so much longer than typing. So I'm wondering whether to start one online.

Would be interested in hearing any more replies to this thread, and also hearing whether you keep a physical book or a document online. If anyone keeps one online, can you recommend a good website?

January 27th, 2009, 01:22 PM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use to keep 3 ring notebooks organized by season/holiday. Rituals, recipes, and spells for the season were filed in each section. I type alot of Word docs now, especially spells and recipes and keep folders on my computer. I use to print pages that were relevant for including in my BoS. Lately I've been keeping everything in my computer rather than printing it.

January 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a BOS that my mom gave me years ago! I've gotten The Wiccan Rede written in it and that is it. Although I don't think I'm heading in a Wiccan direction, I do really just enjoy reading the Wiccan Rede.
Other than that there is nothing else added in it.

I have a sprial notebook that has sections in it, and one of the sections has become a place where I've been jotting alot of notes down it. I have a habit of writing and rewriting or tearing out pages and I don't want to do that in my BOS so thats why I've been keeping my notebook. I've also got a section in there about my personal goals and such. I do however tend to carry both with me in my tote with what ever books I'm reading at the moment.

I also have a few file folders on my computer as well.... so i guess I'm just all over the place. LOL

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

February 8th, 2009, 07:36 AM
~Jackie
Mine is still the same (the OP is me), I just need to clean it up. Once this week is over (finals) I'll have time before Nola is born to re-organize it.
February 8th, 2009, 08:53 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Oh my.... mine is all oer the shot ive started so many... one day ill get around to just having one!!! I think a ring binder will be the only way to do mine
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 8th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Regular
mine's a bit all over the place too, actually , I really need to be more organized with it xD
February 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I don't know where to even begin with it, I can't find anything i want to use for it :S
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search