Info and Advice about self insemination

Forum: LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hi!! I have a few questions.. My girl and I want to use a known sperm donor. We are going to do it ourselves at home with syringe. BUT we live in a place were there are no donors so we found one a state away and he will have to ship the sperm cooled with a kit.. Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice for me and so on.. I know once we get a postive OPK we are to tell him to ship ASAP and he will overnight his sperm.... Would you reply or maybe even better email me? ANYONE that has experience in this or how you did it that got pregnant, like what worked and how many times did iit take you. I LOVE advice.. Thank you soo much.
Email: h.anderson003@yahoo . com
I am not sure if you can email me but if not just reply here.
August 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Oh hun, I have no idea. I've never done babies this way
Have you googled for situations like this? I don't know if any of us here have any advice on this particular matter...But I hope you get the advice you are looking for.
And good luck!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
August 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
elleword's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to elleword
I agree, try doing some googling! I have not had any experience with this yet... I do plan to use IUI to have a baby a little whilst after I graduate from University.

I do know where I live (in Australia) you more or less HAVE to get the sperm shipped from the States. We have a shortage of donors... so only those who use IVF are entitled to use the donors. Luckily getting it shipped isn't *THAT* expensive overall.

Thanks Babydoll213 for my wonderfully festive siggie!
August 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
No way! So Aussies get half American babies?! Does that mean they get citizenship as well? Or am I going too far with the donor thing? Afterall, it's biological father is American! LOL

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
August 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
elleword's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to elleword
For the most part, yes. I *think* you may be able to ship from other countries... but it seems primarily most get them from the States... which I will be doing. Haha... I have to say, that would be cool... however... you aren't allowed any records (apart from health records and such of course) about the "donor" until the child turns 18... and that's if they want to know about him. So, I have no idea... but I assume if the other partner adopts the child (which I think is becoming legal or already is legal here as part of the new adoption act) then there would be no chance of that... they already have no rights anyway as a donor... Hmmm... now I am interesting in knowing if that's possible...

Thanks Babydoll213 for my wonderfully festive siggie!
August 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have no advice because I've never been through that route to conceive... but I hope you are able to find a donor!

August 17th, 2011, 02:53 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I would also google it.. I have no idea.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
August 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM
TTC beautiful baby #2
I would first find out if the sperm bank ships using nitrogen. Usually, the tanks last about one week and need to have the samples thawed and inseminated. I used a bank about 200 miles from where I am. The shipped about 4 days ahead of time. As soon as I got my positive OPK we inseminated. Unfortunately, I purchased IUI sperm rather than ICI sperm. I would also suggest you pull the sample from the "cane" in the tank and just set it on a table for about 20 minutes. Away from direct sunlight, hear, and drafts. Then, after 20 min, warm it in your bra for 10. The opening to the mouth of the sample was too small to put the syringe in, so remove the plunger, place your index finger over the tip and pour the sample into the syringe. Gently replace the plunger and rotate your finger up to get the sample to fall towards the plunger. Depress it and insert as close to your cervix as possible. Relax! This was just my experience. Good luck to you! BABY DUST!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search